Life after 1st pregnancy

Options
I don't know what made me decide to get my summer clothes out of storage (from last year before I got pregnant) and try them on but I am so disgusted now. The clothes barely fit me. I had started a diet and light exercise but now I feel loss like I'll never get back to where I was before.

Replies

• Swanson83
    Swanson83 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! I have had 4 babies and each one takes a little bit of confidence but you can fight and win it back! I had my youngest 19 months ago and I don't fit into everything that I'd like to but I am on my way. I was quite small before my first and so I know I won't get back to that at this point in my life. (Running after 4 kids = very little time for mom.) But I did get really close between 3 and 4 and that is where I am working to get to. I felt really good then. It took me about 7 months to feel good about myself. It is possible! Keep at it!
  • BetsTKR
    BetsTKR Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was where you are a few months back! Stay with it and you will be back down to your pre-pregnancy weight in no time! Weightlifting and flexible dieting have been my best friend through my post partum journey. Good luck!!

P.s. Your shape may have permanently changed. My hips are a totally different shape after having my first. A lot of my old summer shorts were too small in the hips and too big in the waist. :)
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Hi! I can understanding feeling down about that, but you've been through a lot physically. Use those clothes as your motivation! You may never look exactly the same (I don't, although I doubt anyone notices but me) but that's not to say you can't get back to pre-pregnancy weight and/or clothing size.