The fall and rise of me

Options
nhaddad
nhaddad Posts: 46 Member
edited June 2015 in Success Stories
Everyone post their successes and No one seems to be posting their shortcomings ..I wanna post my failure...

4/2011, I was at my maximum weight of 284 pounds and my wife gave birth to my boy. I promised him to be a fit Dad for him, over 8 months I dropped near 90 pounds. Then disaster hit, My wife and I were terminated from our work and had to find a job..three years after that , I am back to 274 pounds....During those years , I tried several times to get back on track and I failed every time...

Over the past few days I have been doing a great job tracking my diet and exercising...I can feel that excitement again and That is my success story..I am back at it and needing all the help and support

by the way, I am a surgeon/OBGYN...people come to me to help them get healthy !

b9t78yt3lw2b.jpg
282.jpg 466.4K

Replies

• nhaddad
    nhaddad Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    by the way, I am a surgeon/OBGYN...people come to me to help them get healthy !
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    You did it once and you can do it again. I'm rootin' for ya.
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Keep thinking of those beautiful kids of yours!
  • losergood2011
    losergood2011 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Yahoo! You have agot a head start on a lot of people. You can make this work for you!
  • mamma_adventure
    mamma_adventure Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You are not a failure...a work in progress...you will do this.
    This time around I am so motivated, the difference from all my failed attempts in the past...my babies :)
  • saltypancakez
    saltypancakez Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It takes guts to publicize your shortcomings; thank you for sharing your story :)

You can do it again. You will do it again.
  • franklin505
    franklin505 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You are doing great, I am a nurse and had a MI in 2012, it was not until late 2014that I was in the right frame of mind to take control. 13kg down so far and feeling good. You have done it once, you will succeed again. Good Luck.
  • kspoon5
    kspoon5 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Surgeon or not you are still a human. We are not perfect - so proud of you for exposing yourself and starting again. I am on my 4th time starting my weight loss. The difference now though is it is for me and no one else - but they will reap the benefits from it in the end!!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    You've done it before, you got this!
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Remember..weight loss is a journey.
    You are back on track ...Congratulations!
  • maggierenee88
    maggierenee88 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    You got this!
  • mona52bask
    mona52bask Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. Just never stop trying. I've been over weight all my life. I manage to loose over 80 pounds in my twenties. Then gained it back in my thirties, plus some. Lost it again. Then in 2007, I gained so much weight. I gave up. Now, getting ready to turn sixty, I'm having a very hard time staying focus. Don't be like me. Get it off and keep it off. I always was able to walk off the pounds. Now, I'm so large, it's very hard on my knees. I still work out 3-4 times a week. But in the water. Always tell myself, something is better than nothing. I just need to stop wanting to eat sweets and potato chips. I will hopefully get it in check soon. Take care and much success on your journey.
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    You're here. You've proved in the past that you can do it. You'll do it again and you'll stick with it because then you'll have lived the difference.
  • daz2270
    daz2270 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Great post. I'm in a similar situation and have found mfp a big help in keeping me focused. The first step is always the hardest - believe you can do it and you're half way there. Good luck.
  • berndanddana
    berndanddana Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Recognizing the problem is the first step. You've done that, so you're on your way! We'll all root for ya
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    One step at a time, and the fact that you've taken that first step is fantastic, good luck on your journey and I hope you've found employment :)

3894102.png
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Do it! Then you'll be able to look your PCOS patients in the eye and tell them they need to, too, and that everything else is just bandaids. :)
  • SparkyTinman
    SparkyTinman Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    mona52bask wrote: »
    I feel your pain. Just never stop trying. I've been over weight all my life. I manage to loose over 80 pounds in my twenties. Then gained it back in my thirties, plus some. Lost it again. Then in 2007, I gained so much weight. I gave up. Now, getting ready to turn sixty, I'm having a very hard time staying focus. Don't be like me. Get it off and keep it off. I always was able to walk off the pounds. Now, I'm so large, it's very hard on my knees. I still work out 3-4 times a week. But in the water. Always tell myself, something is better than nothing. I just need to stop wanting to eat sweets and potato chips. I will hopefully get it in check soon. Take care and much success on your journey.

• SparkyTinman
    SparkyTinman Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    nhaddad and mona52bask we've all got this! I refuse to believe anyone ever gives up. There is always the will to kick this twinkling somewhere in us like a little teeny spark when you are trying to start a fire with your last match. When you blow too hard, out goes the flame and you are back to square one. Let's kindle this, start slow and just cut out the chips/sweets whatever the vice is and drink water. Log daily and even having just made that small change, I saw enough results in the first four days to make me realize I can do this and to not try and doing it all at once or alone. The logging made me pay attention to the mindless eating I was doing while making dinner and lunches or just in general. Knowing you have to log it makes you think twice. RAGE, RAGE AGAINST THE DYING OF THAT LIGHT! WE are NOT failures and it is NEVER too late! We all have set backs nhaddad, big ones, small ones and sometimes long ones mona52bask...the important thing to remember is we are worth it, we can do this and up or down, keep logging and blogging about it for our friends in this forum to help and be helped. Looking forward to you both posting your victories!! (My first full day of eating well with no junk/wine after 10pm was a huge victory for me ...hadn't done it in YEARS! ...by the standards of some of the successes on these posts, not huge, but it kindled my fire and your small victories will do it for you too. We'll get this fire a blazin' if we kindle it!)
  • mcahoon79
    mcahoon79 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I can understand your rise and fall. I have struggled with my weight since I was a kid. I grew up in a household that did not particularly emphasize nutrition. We often just struggled to get food on the table and as you probably now nutrient rich and health food is very expensive. Between childhood habits and undoubtedly genetics I was 200 pounds by the time I was ten and continued to gain weight reaching my highest of 320 at the end of high school. I stayed there until I was about 24. During nursing school my physician suggested gastric bipass which is a reasonable option for some people but my experience in school pretty much eliminated that option as I watched someone die of a PE post surgery. This scared the hell out of me. A couple of years later I decided that I needed to get healthy as ultimately I knew that I wanted to have a family. I went from 320 pounds to 165. It was an amazing transformation. I inspired many around me to do the same. Fast forward 7 years- I met my husband and had two children. About 2 weeks ago I weighed in at 203 pounds. UGGH! I knew I needed to do something. Since then I have taken off 9 pounds and on my way to feeling better. I had a physician friend tell me that I needed to treat my obesity like an illness because often people that are overweight can't gauge when they are full. This is particularly useful when I get frustrated that I am recording everything that enters my mouth. This record helps me navigate when I should be full because I don't ever feel satiated. Weight loss is tough but worth it both for myself and my family.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!