hot yoga anyone??

Options
Anyone else out there doing hot or Bikram yoga?
I do it once or twice a week and iv got to say its the most motivating class ever, i try to do it towards the end of the week when I' m feeling tired and want to eat everything (always a thursday for me) and it definitely keeps me on the right track.
also wondering if anyones done a power vinyasa as a hot yoga class and have they also found it pretty hard!!

Replies

• mommybgood
    mommybgood Posts: 19
    Options
    I do the hot yoga classes through Core Power and I LOVE it! I feel so good afterward. The stress just melts away, and hopefully so will the pounds!
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    My wife is pretty hardcore w/ her pilates and yoga.... like to the point that we have a very expensive pilates machine in our house... and she passed out when doing Bikram. :laugh: <<< At least... I thought it was kinda funny....
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOOOOOOOVE my hot yoga classes! I've done several power vinyassa classes in hot format for 90 minutes/class and they kick my butt every time, but they're so wonderful! I did a hot yoga challenge a couple of years back, where the goal was to go every day for 30 days. I managed to do 26 days out of 30 and was pretty darn proud of myself! Such a fantastic addition to any lifestyle :)
  • Mandz1984
    Mandz1984 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've just started doing hot yoga and I'm hooked! It's a tough class, but I love how I feel after. It's great sweating out all the toxins and working on being more flexible. I'm trying to go 2 or 3 times a week.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I do a heated vinyasa class and absolutely love it!
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    what is that and can you do it on a dvd? i love yoga meltdown by jillian michaels and have heard of this before
  • myowncrazycool
    myowncrazycool Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I do Bikram yoga and find it to be a perfect cross-training to all the strenuous exercise I put on my joints. I also love the way it clears my mind of the daily chaos and I feel great afterwards!
  • grulz
    grulz Posts: 15
    Options
    I LOOOOOOOOOOVE my hot yoga classes! I've done several power vinyassa classes in hot format for 90 minutes/class and they kick my butt every time, but they're so wonderful! I did a hot yoga challenge a couple of years back, where the goal was to go every day for 30 days. I managed to do 26 days out of 30 and was pretty darn proud of myself! Such a fantastic addition to any lifestyle :)

woah 26 days in a row is pretty impressive!! i cant even imagine lasting through that congrats!

yeah i think the becoming more flexible is helping heaps with running as well and i always run easier the day after ive done hot yoga.
  • grulz
    grulz Posts: 15
    Options
    what is that and can you do it on a dvd? i love yoga meltdown by jillian michaels and have heard of this before

no unfortunately you cant unless you happen to have a heated room in your house haha. but if you like yoga you should try find a hot yoga studio near you as it combines yoga in a heated room to make it a workout as well and your way more flexible when your heated up. warning though you will sweat like anything!
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options

no unfortunately you cant unless you happen to have a heated room in your house haha. but if you like yoga you should try find a hot yoga studio near you as it combines yoga in a heated room to make it a workout as well and your way more flexible when your heated up. warning though you will sweat like anything!

hahah no heated room here! guess i should've asked what it waas first!