Stairmaster Help (Revolving Staircase Type)

Options
Indigoblu1
Indigoblu1 Posts: 127 Member
edited June 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello, I wonder if somebody here knows how to operate a stairmaster. There is an older model Stairmaster "Stepmill 7000" in the little gym where I live. I was so excited to use it, but when I tried, I seemed to be doing something wrong in entering the time. After I enter body weight, age, etc. it asks for time you want to work out. I wanted to do 7 minutes, so I pushed the 7 on the keypad and then hit enter. It started counting the 7 in seconds and not minutes. I wrote to the company for help and they gave me the link for the manual. What it says is:

"The console will prompt you to enter the workout time in one-minute
increments between five and 99 minutes. Press [1], [0], [ENTER] to exercise
for ten minutes."

What exactly does enter workout time in one-minute intervals mean? Aren't they saying to enter 10 and then press Enter? Or are they saying something else? I'm so frustrated. I want to use it so bad, but can't figure out how. I'm not stupid, but this is making me feel like it.

Thanking you for your help in advance.

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    just hit start and go as long as you want.
  • Tortitudekitty
    Tortitudekitty Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Maybe you have to enter [0] and [7] if it needs double digits?
  • SimoneBee12
    SimoneBee12 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    You mentioned the machine being older, so it might be a little broken. If you put in 7, and it did 7 seconds, next time, try 490, that'll be the 7 minutes you want. Problem solved. (Or 99 five times if it's only double digits).
  • Indigoblu1
    Options
    You mentioned the machine being older, so it might be a little broken. If you put in 7, and it did 7 seconds, next time, try 490, that'll be the 7 minutes you want. Problem solved. (Or 99 five times if it's only double digits).

I will try that tomorrow, SimoneBee. If it works, I'll update!
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

Sometimes the simplest answers are the best.

• barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Is there no one in the gym that know the equipment
  • Indigoblu1
    Options
    Is there no one in the gym that know the equipment

Hey, Barry. No, there's nobody there to help train. It's just a little work out room in the apartment building, not a "real" gym, like you might think.
  • Indigoblu1
    Options
    Azdak wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »

Sometimes the simplest answers are the best.

I believe I tried that, but it wants you to put the information in before it starts, I guess so that you can choose different levels/programs. IDK.