Lesson Learned!

jmruef
jmruef Posts: 824 Member
edited September 27 in Success Stories
So this morning I weighed myself and grumbled about it. An increase is definitely not a good way to start my day. But then I remembered reading posts here (can I just say I love you guys!) about how the scale isn't always the best measure of progress; that it's inches lost, how clothes fit, etc. SO I pulled on my skinnier jeans. And you know what? The weight gain was NOTHING! The skinnier jeans STILL FIT! And they look pretty damn good!

No pictures - I'm not quite there yet - but I'm wearing them today at work and loving how they feel. So thanks to everyone for helping me say "F you!" to my scale this morning!

What nice thing are you doing for yourself today to celebrate your progress?

Replies

• Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Saying "F you!" to the scale. Awesome. :)

:mad: F U SCALE!!!!!!!!! :happy:
  • Kraziekay89
    Kraziekay89 Posts: 45

What nice thing are you doing for yourself today to celebrate your progress?

I am sitting happily at my desk knowing I got a good nights sleep and that I ran yesterday! Its really nice!
  • missemocha
    missemocha Posts: 8
    I had the same problem today. But also like you I'm gonna go by how my body feels and measurements, and remember that even though it seems I've gained (according to the scale) it doesn't necessarily mean anything. This is a process and the scale doesn't always agree with me. But I'm not going to quit because eventually it will pay off.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!