Small goals for the unmotivated~!

Options
So I'm one of the unmotivated! ... I stuck to my calories for about 8 days and then 'fell off'! This is VERY typical of me and I know I am not alone in that.

So with that being said. I thought that it would be nice to have other MFP friends that are like me unmotivated to lose but inhappy with that person looking back at them through the mirror.

Some weeks our goals will be weighloss related other weeks they won't be. The purpose will be to make a LIFESTYLE change both physically and mentally.

For this week I thought that we could start with a simple goal that is not weight loss related but would ultimately be the foundation of OUR weight loss struggle.

To friend no less than 10 *** NEW *** people that respond to this form. Seems easy enough to me and then starting monday morning we can start another small goal?

Is there anyone out there thats interested in winning this battle we are all facing against ourselves?

Replies

• nikkinikki113
    nikkinikki113 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm in, but you, OP, are already my friend :smile:
  • spr_chkn
    spr_chkn Posts: 48
    Options
    I'm in. You can add me :)
  • kandyland86
    kandyland86 Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm in, but you, OP, are already my friend :smile:

HAHAHA so it doesn't count lol! ... ill change it to 10 NEW friends lol
  • chellekoren
    chellekoren Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    sounds interesting. i'm in.
  • ampjorgensen
    ampjorgensen Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Man I am with you I have created an unhealthy cycle at the beginning I did 10 days and lost 10 pounds! then I "rewarded myself" with a cheat day. And it turned into a cheat week. Then i made it about 2 weeks and thats been my cycle I go about 2 weeks and tank. I've still managed to lose .2 pounds short of 20 pounds, but its taken me a lot to get to this point (2 months of this and I know I could be doing better)

Perhaps a good mini goal would be one that I've already done recently, but am modifying. And that is to decide what we expect from life and from this program. IF you fail to plan you plan to fail! If you don't know where your going and why, why do it? Set up a plan of motivation, spend some time in the before and after forums.
  • AreneeS22
    AreneeS22 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Im in! I have the same problem.. I do good for about a week, MAYBE 2, but then I fall off the wagon! Its always worst on the weekends... and Im an emotional eater and things are always stressful so I end up eating constantly and sometimes I dont even realize Im doing it! Everyday I say Im going to excercise, but then I dont... I tell myself I either dont have time or I'll do it tomorrow... just cant find the motivation! You would think that being miserable and hating your reflection would be enough motivation!
  • maritimemom
    maritimemom Posts: 192
    Options
    I'm in too! That's the story of my life....until now! :)
  • boyslie72487
    boyslie72487 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm so unmotivated, the scale has barely been moving, granted i've been eating like a pig. ugh!