In the learning mode

Options
I'm Sylvia. I'm new to the site and I'm ready to lose 20 pounds. I'm 56 and wondering about hormones. I learned about the site from my daughter who has recently lost 25 pounds since last summer. Therefore, I need input from other women my age. Looking forward to learning this new way of life.

Replies

• BigSylHall
    Options
    I'm Sylvia. I'm new to the site and I'm ready to lose 20 pounds. I'm 56 and wondering about hormones. I learned about the site from my daughter who has recently lost 25 pounds since last summer. Therefore, I need input from other women my age. Looking forward to learning this new way of life.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou:
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    welcome to MFP:flowerforyou:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the gang!:happy:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi Sylvia, and welcome!
    Well I'm 51, and have tried just about every diet out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing has worked until I came to MFP. I also have a thyroid problem, so I kept blaming THAT for my not being able to lose any weight. But, with MFP, it's "practically" been easy to lose the weight that I so desperately wanted to lose!
    Watch your numbers, drink lots of water, get some exercise, and the weight WILL come off!
    I always recommend to the newbies to log all your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than after. That way, you know just what you've got to work with and can make better choices if you need to.
  • BigSylHall
    Options
    Thanks for your note. Since I started MFP, I am eating more food and I have even gained a few pounds !! My daughter lost 25 pounds using MFP and she insists I need to eat more food. It's frustrating since I've always thought eating less food was the only way to lose weight.
    :frown:
    I am doing this no matter what, despite doubts about the amount of food I am eating, even though I gained three pounds doing that !!

I'm Writing EVERYTHING down!! Exercise, Drinking lots of water - 32 0z. on most days (is that enough?) I even have a heart monitor that shows that I burn 300-400 calories on a gym day - four days a week.- I even have a personal trainer !! I hope I'll prevail this time !! I have 20 pounds to lose. That's not a lot compared to some people on this site. But it's a lot to me !!! And it's important to me. I have an entire closet full of clothes that I can't wear - and I can't afford a size larger.

I am impressed at the way people who don't even know each other can help so much.

THANKS !!!