FITBIT Flex

Options
Does anyone have and use this? I was thinking about purchasing it to get a better read on my calories in/calories out. Looking online it sounds like this is what alot of people use it for. My question is, how accurate are the calories your body is taking in/out feature? Is it worth the investment?

Has anyone used this with success and found it to be helpful?

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I lost the weight & have maintained for a year. Fitbit calculates your TDEE—the number of calories to maintain your current weight. When you connect your accounts, MFP adjusts your calorie goal every day to TDEE minus deficit.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I have been using one for about 2 months. I love it. Makes tracking my actual calories out so much easier.
  • Missy022014
    Missy022014 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love it! When I used to log my hour long Zumba class in MFP it said I burned 830 calories. I use my Fitbit now and it says I burn between 460-520 depending on the class. It's way more accurate! If you're eating back your activity calories you'll notice a big difference!
  • slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I've been using a Fitbit One since they first came out and I love it. It's reasonably accurate -- not perfect -- and it's a great motivator. You can link it to MFP and it makes tracking calories easier. When I do non-step oriented exercise (like pilates or zumba), I enter that into MFP directly. You tell it what time you start and stop the exercise and it disregards steps during the time you're doing the alternate exercise and calculates calories based on the type of exercise you're doing.

• soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Is it easy to set up initially as well as sync with MFP? Also the sight says it can go in water has anyone tried swimming with one?
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Is it easy to set up initially as well as sync with MFP? Also the sight says it can go in water has anyone tried swimming with one?

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/Can-I-swim-or-shower-with-my-tracker
    All Fitbit trackers are water-resistant, which means they are rain-proof and splash-proof and can stand up to even the sweatiest workout.

Do not swim with your tracker. We also don't recommend showering with your tracker; though the water won't hurt the device, wearing it 24/7 does not give your skin a chance to breathe.