stationary bike help!

Options
I have a cross trainer and stationary bike, I've just done 20 mins on it at high resistance and it says I burned 700cals! :ohwell: but MFP says a LOT less. I know you can't truly know unless you have a HRM but can anyone help me work out which to use? I don't know how to set the little counter thing on the cross trainer to my weight etc as it doesn't have that option, it counts cals, time, distance and scan. It says 700.2cals and 5.79m distance. Sorry if this is a big ramble! Thanks in advance!

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    When I used a heart rate monitor for my spin class, I burned around 700 calories in at most an hour. I would definitely go with MFPs answer as I'm quite sure the bike's is way too much.
  • KayaD
    KayaD Posts: 65
    Options
    When I used a heart rate monitor for my spin class, I burned around 700 calories in at most an hour. I would definitely go with MFPs answer as I'm quite sure the bike's is way too much.

I thought that, it seems awfully high, I mean the bike was at a high resistance etc but 700cals in 20 mins?! :ohwell: MFP says something like 246
  • AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    I use MFP's for the stationary bike as does my friend who is in a spinning class. The bikes at our Y are super close to what MFP says.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'd go with the 246. For me, my average burn per minute is between 12-15 at above average intensity.
  • KayaD
    KayaD Posts: 65
    Options
    thanks. Would be awesome to burn 700 in 20 mins though! lol