Juice plus

Options
icemaiden17_uk
icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
edited June 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Hey hey!

Has anyone used juice plus? Either as a pre/post workout snack or as a meal replacement?

I am thinking of trying some of the bars as they are lactose and gluten free and I am also thinking about becoming a distributor but I want to know if they are what they say they are first.

Due to my own history I would be focusing on selling more as supplements and workout shakes and bars than as a weight loss diet but I am keen to know what you lot think!

Thanks!

Replies

• Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    It is over priced MLM and there is absolutely no science behind it. 99% of people in MLM make no money.

http://www.mlmwatch.org/04C/NSA/juiceplus.html
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Wetcoaster wrote: »
    It is over priced MLM and there is absolutely no science behind it. 99% of people in MLM make no money.

And the ones who do and have consistent sales (which are rare) often have friends who buy in to the claims of losing weight fast, drinking "superfood" shakes, or needing to supplement with overpriced products, and are very annoying to the people who don't want to buy their products. I have a Shakeology "coach" friend on Facebook, and let me tell you....it takes everything in my power not to make a comment when I'm invited to a sale event, or see posts about losing 6lb in a week for their weight loss challenges.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

And the ones who do and have consistent sales (which are rare) often have friends who buy in to the claims of losing weight fast, drinking "superfood" shakes, or needing to supplement with overpriced products, and are very annoying to the people who don't want to buy their products. I have a Shakeology "coach" friend on Facebook, and let me tell you....it takes everything in my power not to make a comment when I'm invited to a sale event, or see posts about losing 6lb in a week for their weight loss challenges.

Lol just tell the people that they're selling to that they're buying crap
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    It sounds like a great way to lose both money and friends.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options

This
  • missiontofitness
    Options

Lol just tell the people that they're selling to that they're buying crap

Eh, I stay out of it. If people want to buy it, go ahead. If people ask me about it (or come to the MFP forums asking about it), I'll voice my opinion then. I don't like giving unsolicited advice, even when I'm annoyed by frequent Facebook posts about these products and the occasional event invite, lol.
  • icemaiden17_uk
    Options
    Hmm, fair enough! This is exactly why I asked! I had a friend unfriend me because I asked about the research and the contents of a product they were selling for weight loss and they wouldn't give me a straight answer.

Back to the money making drawing board I think!
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Hmm, fair enough! This is exactly why I asked! I had a friend unfriend me because I asked about the research and the contents of a product they were selling for weight loss and they wouldn't give me a straight answer.

I had a similar experience with someone in a local "for sale" group on Facebook. She was selling some snake oil cleanse system and when I asked about what, exactly, this product cleansed from the body and if she had any peer-reviewed research to back it up, she got so angry and said I was harassing her. She ended up deleting her post, and reposting the next day. I repeated my questions and she just replied that "it removes toxins like sugar and fat" and didn't comment further.

I believe people can make their own choices about what they feel is best for their health, but spreading blatant misinformation is not cool.
  • icemaiden17_uk
    Options
    And the vague nature of what some of these people say is so suspicious as well! If you really love a product you are selling and believe in it then you would be only to happy to go on and on about everything you know and answer reasonable questions!
  • Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Do your own research and decide for yourself. Not everything is a hoax or a gimmick. I sold juice plus for awhile and it didn't work out for me but I won't tell others not to do it. There is nothing wrong with adding fruits and vegetables to your diet to be healthier in any form most of us just don't get our daily servings from regular eating.
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    Velum_cado wrote: »

I had a similar experience with someone in a local "for sale" group on Facebook. She was selling some snake oil cleanse system and when I asked about what, exactly, this product cleansed from the body and if she had any peer-reviewed research to back it up, she got so angry and said I was harassing her. She ended up deleting her post, and reposting the next day. I repeated my questions and she just replied that "it removes toxins like sugar and fat" and didn't comment further.

I believe people can make their own choices about what they feel is best for their health, but spreading blatant misinformation is not cool.

Yes....asking for additional information, asking questions, and for peer reviewed research to back up a product you're selling is TOTALLY harassment.

I also want to know how sugar and fat are toxins, when both are present and good in a well rounded diet?
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Ugh I definitely bought Juice Plus because I was talked into it from a friend that was selling it. It did absolutely nothing for me (and was stupid expensive).
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    yeah if you're looking at making money from MLM then goooooood luck lol

your friends and family will end up hating you for trying to sell them overpriced snake oil all the time

also no one here will buy it
  • icemaiden17_uk
    Options
    draznyth wrote: »

your friends and family will end up hating you for trying to sell them overpriced snake oil all the time

This is my fear. I have done research and now want others thoughts, feelings and experience. It's quite clear the direction the general feeling is going though.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    draznyth wrote: »

This is my fear. I have done research and now want others thoughts, feelings and experience. It's quite clear the direction the general feeling is going though.

My best friend became involved in a MLM (not a weight loss product though) and in the end I found myself keeping my distance from her because she was driving me nuts from constantly talking about it and trying to get me to sell it as well. Most of our conversations started revolving around her trying to build up her business and what she learned at her meetings, and her trying to push me into selling it, and quoting all of the positive affirmation bs that she was learning. I went from listening, to tuning her out, to eventually avoiding her phone calls and hiding her posts from my Facebook newsfeed. She didn't get very far with it and I don't think she is involved with it anymore, but we still don't talk like we used to.

I have another friend who is starting to get involved with Herbalife. Every time I see her post about it I just start praying that she doesn't start messaging me about it.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Just stay away from any and all MLM schemes. It seems to me that you already knew that this wasn't a good idea and that you already knew it was snake oil. So just stay away from all of that stuff and you'll be fine :smiley:
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    my mother has been selling MLM products as long as I have been on this earth and I am not a fan

she told me when she started selling Visalsus a few weeks ago that I could "pack on 20 lb of muscle" with it

SIGN ME UP
  • dondotwinks
    dondotwinks Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I did this , became a distributer too , its not as good as its made out to be, i felt light headed on the shakes and my younger daughter got gallstones!! Not a coincidence either