Hiya guys I'd love to hear from anyone offering tips and support

Options
I've recently given up smoking now my next challenge is to reduce my expanding tummy. I'm a comfort eater & I'm not keen on exercise. I love to hear your stories of success and the journey along the way. Thanks Lori (-:

Replies

• theswan0
    theswan0 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi i gave up 4 yrs ago put on 2 stone but now back down its hard i know but it will be the best thing you have ever done for yourself and im a bordem eater but i know loads of tricks and treats that won't put on the pounds feel free to add me
  • Lorismeg
    Lorismeg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the pep talk (-:
  • Dagoob
    Dagoob Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You hear it all the time but it is really true... Find an exercise that you like and it won't even feel like a chore..... For me it's tennis - I started playing a couple years ago and I'm highly addicted still. I still have a gym membership but if it's not raining I will be on the court....
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    My tip? Buy a digital food scale and weigh EVERY SINGLE THING you put in your mouth. If you bite it log it... You'll be amazed at how much that works. Abs are made in the kitchen
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Ps congrats on quitting smoking!!!! That's bleeping awesome!!!!
  • craigpom
    craigpom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Keep up with your entries in FitnessPal, even on those days when it you know the numbers will look bad, then try to understand what drove you to the excess eating. Many people have suggested preparing meals in advance (weekly or at least for the next day), that keeps you on schedule and you don't do the quick meals of the high cal, high sugar processed foods. I've personally kept my protein counts high and sugar counts low. Down 220 to 183 since December. - Also let me say congrats on quitting smoking.
  • JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I started out at 240 pounds. I am only 5'2 so I was always extremely unhealthy and unhappy with myself. I am down to about 209, and slowly losing. The best thing to do is track your calories and don't eat all your exercise calories back. If you want accurate results, use a tape measure to measure your trouble spots because the scale doesn't always reflect perfectly. Good Luck and feel free to add me if you'd like.