Quitting smoking

Options
Hi Michelle and am wanting to quite smoking while continuing to loose wt.Is there anyone out there in the same boat?

Replies

• natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Hi :) Yes, I quit smoking 3 weeks ago after smoking 20+ a day since I was 15 (now 24). I have also lost 4 lbs since then, it is possible :)
  • gemelemom
    gemelemom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Late reply but yes! It's possible to put on lots of weight as I can testify to my last quit where I didn't have a plan however this time I have started off my first week with a 1llb loss. Mainly due to determination, walking daily, sugar free lollipops, citrus fruits and water! It's not easy but worth it! Honestly I think the more exercise you do the more calories you can use in your food to give you energy. Don't know where you are at on your journey, you may have cracked all this by now! If not hope this helps.
  • beenz75
    beenz75 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Did somebody say sugar free lollipops? I never knew they existed!
  • Flowerbaby2
    Flowerbaby2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have now been quite since 2018 after smoking for about 44 years.I would quite for 8-10 months and something would happen and back I’d go.Really quite this time.No cigarette will go near these lips.Do feel better,am very happy to be free after freaking 44 years of tobacco addition
  • DFW_Tom
    DFW_Tom Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I have now been quite since 2018 after smoking for about 44 years.I would quite for 8-10 months and something would happen and back I’d go.Really quite this time.No cigarette will go near these lips.Do feel better,am very happy to be free after freaking 44 years of tobacco addition

OUTSTANDING!

So, @Flowerbaby2, did you quit for good back in '15 when you started this thread? BTW, thank you sincerely for coming back and reporting. Not many bother; and it is always appreciated.

What was different for you this time? Cold Turkey, or taper off? Any guidance you can give is welcome.