Replies

• ImitatetheSun
    ImitatetheSun Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that you are in control over whether you make it or not , if you wnat it bafly enough then you will. Dont get overwhelmed and take it one day at a time.
  • nichole8605
    nichole8605 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just started this long journey of weight loss on Tuesday and I started power walking a mile every night thursday. About the 2nd or 3rd lap my muscles are all burning and I can hear my heartbeat in my ears over my music, and my body is screaming at me to stop it can't take anymore. I just tell my body YOU NEED THIS YOU WANT THIS YOU WILL AND CAN DO IT! I've always been lazy but I've had enough! I'm the heaviest I've ever been and I WILL lose 60 lbs. Hopefully by xmas. :-)
  • greaseswabber
    greaseswabber Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    Keep in mind that you are in control over whether you make it or not , if you wnat it bafly enough then you will. Dont get overwhelmed and take it one day at a time.

Taking it one day at a time has been critical for me. It's too easy to be overwhelmed when you start adding up how many day, weeks, months it might take. But you will be successful if you string together a lot of mostly successful days. For me, the best thing to do is to try to get today right. I might start thinking ahead as far as tomorrow, but no further. I'm taking my wife out to her birthday dinner tonight, so I'm really only thinking about today. Not how much I might lose or gain today. But how I can plan my day to maintain a deficit, or at least minimize the potential surplus, while still having a good time at dinner. Because that will make it a successful day.