Hydroxycut and Birthcontrol.

Options
Hi I am currently on birth control pills. I was wondering if taking hydroxycut to help me loose weight will it affect the effectiveness of my bcp? Has anyone gotten pregnant while taking both?

Replies

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Hydroxycut is a waste of time. I wouldn't even bother using it. If you are dead set on using it, speak to your doctor before taking it for potential drug interactions and use a backup method of contraception. Herbal supplements, at times, can increase or decrease the effectiveness of prescription medications.
  • rdznayeli
    rdznayeli Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The only reason I'm taking it is bc my dad purchased it thinking it was for gaining muscle lol and he lost the receipt. So I was going to take them to see if they helped. But I was just wondering about their effects on my bcp. I am currently going to the gym 5 days a week doing both cardio and weight training.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Still a question for your doctor. Call their office or make an appointment.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    rdznayeli wrote: »
    The only reason I'm taking it is bc my dad purchased it thinking it was for gaining muscle lol and he lost the receipt. So I was going to take them to see if they helped. But I was just wondering about their effects on my bcp. I am currently going to the gym 5 days a week doing both cardio and weight training.

How did your dad accidentally purchase a prescription medicine? The only OTC birth control I know of is Plan B?
  • rdznayeli
    rdznayeli Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    He purchased the hydroxycut not the birth control.
  • angellll12
    angellll12 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hi I am currently on birth control pills. I was wondering if taking hydroxycut to help me loose weight will it affect the effectiveness of my bcp? Has anyone gotten pregnant while taking both?

Ask your doctor.
    I remember that pill making my heartbeat go crazy. Be careful.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options

If it hasn't been opened I bet the store would take it back.

• ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I did Hydroxycut for about a month. I lost 3 lbs, which is actually slower than I did just sticking to the diet I was already on with a little bit of exercise.

It gave me a bit of the jitters, but what was worse - horrible, horrible acne. I mean, plague-level blisters all over my face. At first I thought it was just hormonal, but I googled it, and apparently, there are a lot of people who have experienced similar side effects.

I've also spoken to three different people who have posted about bad acne here. Two out of three of them were on Hydroxycut.

You couldn't pay me to go back on that stuff.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Hydroxycut is basically just caffeine. It won't make you lose weight but it MIGHT suppress your appetite and increase thermogenic effects.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Hydroxycut won't help you lose weight, so there's no sense bothering with it. As to the second question, I'm not a doctor or pharmacist, but I don't see how caffeine and a few other bogus stimulant-like ingredients could interfere with birth control meds.

Rule of thumb for "fat burner" supplements: If it works, it isn't legal; if it's legal, it doesn't work.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Hydroxycut won't help you lose weight, so there's no sense bothering with it.

Rule of thumb for "fat burner" supplements: If it works, it isn't legal; if it's legal, it doesn't work.

Zombie Thread
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    Hydroxycut won't help you lose weight, so there's no sense bothering with it.

Zombie Thread

My bad. And bumped by nothing more than an 'M'. :D

Good advice, though.