There is a Onederland and I have seen it

Options
earlnabby
earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
Weighed in this morning at 199.8!! Chances are good I will still bounce around it a little, but there is a Onederland and I have been there. I will be making it my permanent residence. This is the first time I have seen it since around 2001. Next stop is to get out of the obese BMI (8 more pounds), then the final push to goal, which is right on the line between normal and overweight BMI. I may or may not stay at that goal weight. I haven't been there since I was around 30, so I am not sure if that is best or not. We'll see.

Psychologically, seeing my weight starting with a "1" instead of a "2" is the biggest victory of all. I was excited to lose half of my weight and I was even more excited to lose 100 lb.(the thread with photos here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10128091/100-lb-gone/p1 ), but seeing that "1" is the most satisfying of any of the mini goals. Running a close second will be when my BMI begins with a "2". I started out as "Class III morbid obesity" (BMI at 45 or above) so moving through the levels until I was merely obese, and soon to be only overweight, has also been huge.

Just shy of 18 months and I am feeling better and so much happier with myself. I started out not being able to climb the steps to my second floor apartment without resting (granted, the severe anemia I was diagnosed with contributed to that but my weight also caused a lot of back pain) and can now swim a mile and hike up to seven miles. The main reason I have to stop at seven is because of arthritis in my foot, not my general fitness.

It can be done and I am so thankful to MFP and the friends and teachers I have had on here (yes, even the "mean people")

58841349.png

Replies

• gandysweet
    gandysweet Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great work!!! Congrats on falling below 200!
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! Great work. Sticking with it through 111 lbs and 18 months is impressive.
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Onederland! I remember when it happened for me and I cried tears of joy so I can understand your elation. You've come such a long way. I admire your "stick-to-it-tive-ness!"
  • Becca281552
    Becca281552 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Amazing job... congrats on your many successes!! I can't wait to get back to Onederland (its been since 2000 for me) ~ I can imagine the sheer joy you must be feeling :):+1::)
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!

3894102.png
  • jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Great work. Reaching Onederland will (hopefully) be a massive milestone for me too.

Must feel great now that the finishing post is coming into sight
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on entering onderland. You've worked so hard and it's paid off. You are an inspiration to many. Great job!!!
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all your hard work! You are doing awesome!
  • TheBoldCat
    TheBoldCat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    well done!!
  • GA_belle
    GA_belle Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Well done!!

Congratulations on your successful journey!
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    you did it!!!!!! wow. You are such an inspiration to me. From the start ( my start) i followed you here and i must say RESPECT!!!

(lets swim another lap to it ;) )
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I am so glad you understand how huge this is. Congrats to those who have entered it before me and to those still working on it, you CAN do it. I am so glad I decided to go slow because every other time I have tried to lose more quickly, I have crashed and burned. I really feel like I have really ingrained healthy habits now.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Wahoo! *doing the happy dance*.
  • aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That is very exciting and I am so happy for you! I can't wait to join you in 4.5 lbs!
  • Xo_c_e_b_xo
    Xo_c_e_b_xo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great work !

I can't wait to get in the 100's and join you in onederland !!

• 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Great job! It is just a number but WHAT a number! (Just go there myself about a month ago)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!