Finally Fed Up and hoping it is not too late

Hi all! I am a 40 year old wife and mother who is 100 Pounds overweight. And I am tired of it. My husband is an ultra marathon runner and I have serious feelings of inadequacy. But no more. I am setting myself small goals in hopes of succeeding this time. I look forward to meeting some new friends here.

Replies

• nichole8605
    nichole8605 Posts: 19 Member
    It is never to late! I may be young but I come from a big family of big people. My aunt at almost 50 lost 60 lbs and is now 52 and has kept it off. She taught me the secret. DIET IS THE FORBIDDEN WORD!! Don't deprive yourself of the foods you love just use portion control. Eat what you love just less of it. And I agree with everyone on here be truthful with your food diary. It helps. Also I drink about a Gallon of water a day and have been power walking a mile every night. It's hard, it's painful, but I keep telling myself YOU WANT THIS, YOU NEED THIS, YOU CAN DO IT!! stay positive girl. I have 60 lbs to lose. I've lost 4 since tuesday. We can do it!!!
  • noobinboston
    noobinboston Posts: 17 Member
    Hang on there, you can do it ! Julie
  • Becca281552
    Becca281552 Posts: 45 Member
    It's definitely never too late!! I have 99 lbs. to lose, and have decided to do it in 10 lbs. increments ~ just seems less challenging than tackling the big picture :) Also, @nichole8605 is right ~ make this a lifestyle change & not a diet :)
  • mart001
    mart001 Posts: 194 Member
    It's never to late. I am 58 and have lost 130 pounds over the last 2 years. Anyone feel free to add me. I am on here probably 10 times a day....
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    I'm 46 and was afraid my mobility had been permanently impaired and I'd never be able to get the weight off. After several months and about 15 lbs, there has been a huge improvement in everything. It is NOT too late! :)
  • arkswife
    arkswife Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks! I really appreciate the encouragement!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    Last client I had who started and had success at an "older" age was 74. She lost 45lbs.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png