Water Bottles

Options
aneajo
aneajo Posts: 287 Member
K, trying to stop using bottled water. What kind of water bottles with filter do you use and where do you get it?

Im not talking those hard ones, the thought of metal bottle makes me cringe horribly. I like the ones Biggest Loser uses, but the last time I tasted the water out of a Britta filter, I gagged.

Im hooked on Nestle Pure Life, I also like Chippewa Falls and the one that comes in a blue bottle.

Replies

• bluellies
    bluellies Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Camelbak-Groove-Liter-Bottle-Seafoam/dp/B0043834AS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1306333460&sr=1-1

This is what I have, and it's awesome! The packaging says it has a plant based filter, but it's carbon--not savvy on those types of things, but I thought all carbon was plant based? Anyway, I love it. Don't know what the Britta ones taste like, but the upside of the Camelbak is that it's a straw type. When I have my bottle I drink TONS! I'm talking almost a gallon a day, and that's without even trying. The straw takes a bit to open up, but once it does the water practically jumps out of it and into your mouth. The filters need to be replaced every 3 months for regular users, but I use it so often that I replace mine more often.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    There isnt a taste when you use the britta filter :S It maybe have been a very old filter or the water was really bad... or the cup you used had something in it. I would also like to know I want to get on too. I just use plastic bottles and then recycle them right now.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    I too have been looking for good reusable water bottles. Let me kon if you find one.
  • beautylovetruth
    beautylovetruth Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I double filter my water using a Brita tap filter and then a Brita jug. LOVE the clean, sweet taste the water has after.
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I have a Pur water filter that goes on the faucet, I like it. And I do use the metal bottles (sorry) I like them, the water seems to stay colder longer.
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I like smart water..but I need to find a better way too. It's too expensive to keep buying the water..My tap water tastes just fine.:ohwell:
  • barwwd
    barwwd Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    BEST water bottles, hands down.... Water "Bobbles"... search "Bobble" on amazon. The water bottles have filters on the top that filter the water as you drink. The filters need to be replaced after about 2 months like brita pitchers, but they work really well! We keep 6 full in the fridge at all times so when you want a bottle of water, you can just grab one. Also you can fill it up with fountain water at the gym and it gets filtered, too.

We got ours at Target, but they seem to mostly be sold out lately. They also have them at the container store. I just bought 4 new filters today from amazon, seemed like the best price.

Happy drinking!
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Since the water where I live is questionable at best, I purchase 5 gallon bottle from a local distributor and have a cooler in the house. I fill a 2 quart container and a 1 quart container every day. The 2 quart goes with me to work and I try to finish the whole thing before I leave in the afternoon. The 1 quart is on standby at home or in the car.
    They deliver 4 big bottles to my home every other week.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I just bought a water bottle from walmart that was a liter and refill it at work, but I'm not super picky or a water snob or anything
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Tap water here. And I use a 1 litre Rubbermaid water bottle.
  • aneajo
    aneajo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    We have nasty well water and I am picky on my water. :tongue: :wink: Plus we are going on vacation soon and the though of all the bottles I would use when I could just fill up wherever and filter it in my own bottle.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will check those out.