Injury recovering need friend! Support needed!

Options
Hello, I am in need of a support buddy. I have been injured with a sport's injury, sprain ankle while trail running. I am starting to gain weight back!!!! I feel totally dumpy. I usually eat very clean but the last two weeks I have regressed to my old eating habits. Help!

Replies

• cherub14
    cherub14 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Are you able to do yoga or weight training with your injury? What are some of the trigger foods you are grabbing?
  • Audreyrunner
    Audreyrunner Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am new to the community. I myself keep having minor setbacks (January tore my ACL, April severe cold, and now a severe back strain). So not sure how supportive I can be but can be a buddy. I keep eating as I did when I was burning 400+ calories :(. Are you able to swim?
  • kamack1215
    kamack1215 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I also have a sports injury. I fell back into my old eating habits for a few weeks but have recently found the motivtaion to get back! Feel free to add me =)
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! I had ankle surgery last year. I was non-weight bearing for almost two months, and not able to run for over 4 months. Without running for stress relief I found myself slipping back into old stress eating habits.
    Try to take it one day at a time, and keep any trigger foods out of the house.
    Can you do any exercise yet? Swim? Weight lifting?