Fitbit Charge or Charge HR?

Options
Or maybe the Surge?

I've had a Fitbit Ultra and currently use the Flex. Can't decide which one to go with since I'm giving my Flex away.

Opinions??

Replies

• cyronius
    cyronius Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    What sort of activities do you do or want to start doing? That makes a difference as to which one to choose...
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm primarily a swimmer. Otherwise because of injuries I do limited weight training and jogging during the summer :P
  • nyponbell
    nyponbell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can use any of them in water (even if they are water resistant). I have the HR and I like it a lot now that I'm used to it, but if you don't need to or want to check your pulse all the time (I quickly became addicted) then you might be able to get one of the others cheaper. I don't think there's much of a difference otherwise between the HR and the non-HR Charge.
  • cyronius
    cyronius Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Well, you can't use either Charge for swimming, so you'll have to enter that manually either way. And the same with weight training. No fitness tracker can track it accurately...

So really for your purposes, the difference between the Charge and the Charge HR comes down to the heart rate information you'll get from your jogging. If you'd like the extra level of detail, and slightly improve burn accuracy for your jogging, go for the HR, otherwise you can probably live without it...
  • julielh72
    julielh72 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I upgraded from the Flex to the Charge HR and love it. Just put it in workout mode and when you sync to your phone/tablet/PC you can categorize the exercise as whatever you were doing such as weights, elliptical, cycling etc. It's dead easy and has definitely given me a better idea of my TDEE which has in turn helped me to maintain my weight.
  • ScubaSteve1962
    ScubaSteve1962 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    If swimming is your thing, there is an alternative. A polar A300 with H7 sensor, it's waterproof to 100ft and reads your heart rate under water.
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I'm not looking for something to use in the water, it's just my main form of activity :) I used a Polar whatever (can't remember now because I haven't used it in a while) and it was just a hassle to try to use it every once in a while in the pool just to get a rough idea of my heart rate.

Thanks for the reply, julielh72! Anyone else use any of the new Fibtits? How do you like them?
  • iwanttolosewight63
    iwanttolosewight63 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    nyponbell wrote: »
    I don't think you can use any of them in water (even if they are water resistant). I have the HR and I like it a lot now that I'm used to it, but if you don't need to or want to check your pulse all the time (I quickly became addicted) then you might be able to get one of the others cheaper. I don't think there's much of a difference otherwise between the HR and the non-HR Charge.

Hey i have the charger and when i do a spin class or weight training it doesn't get my actual calories burn does the HR charger help with that?
  • lilackisses
    lilackisses Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I had a flex and updates to a Charge Hr about a month ago. I absolutely love it. I find it motivates me more to go running or such when I have the stats available easily on my wrist.
  • TheSurge0n
    TheSurge0n Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Fitbit HR is good & better battery backup.