Anyone doing Zombies, Run 5K app?

Options
Just looking for people doing the same program. I love it and would highly recommend it!

I'm repeating week 3 because last week I wasn't able to do the third workout of the week, and boy am I glad I did! It's great seeing how much I've improved from doing the first two workouts. For example, I just repeated week 3 workout 1, and my pace was loads better, and I did the final free form run straight-- 8 minutes! Of course it was basically a zombie shuffle... but that's fine with me! I'm excited to do workout 2 of this week (I enjoyed it a lot the first time... that was a fun one), and see what's up for the third, and really just see what's up for the rest of the program! I'm definitely getting the full Zombies, Run app when I'm done with this.

Replies

• Lindsay_the_great
    Lindsay_the_great Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Is that the one where they get louder if you slow down? That one terrified me. :smiley:
  • ellenasl210
    ellenasl210 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 5k program as well! Feel free to add me(:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 2 tomorrow (for the second time, got a knee injury late last year and had to stop for a while). I love it, it's fun and motivational :)
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I use the regular app, as I've been running for a while. It's great fun though! When you're done with that one, do get the regular app - the story is great!

You're doing great. Keep running, Runner 5.
  • NicolaMichelle93
    NicolaMichelle93 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    This app is brilliant! I've been doing it for a while but got shin splints so I had to stop. Hoping to get back into soon once they're healed and I get some new shoes :) but couldn't recommend this app enough. It's so fun!
  • ebtaylor137
    ebtaylor137 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Oh man I got shin splints as well starting out. But I didn't want to break, and since I knew I had the right shoes, I iced my muscles, rested and stretched as much as possible when not running, did extra heel lifts and all that and even though I kept running, they got less and less. Those muscles are still a little tight but no longer in the searing pain category.
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I'm doing that program right now. I'm just getting ready for the 1minute run.
  • outboundhat
    outboundhat Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 5! I'm actually seeing improvement in stamina:D
    Zombie shuffler over here too, haha, but making it through those free-runs finally!
    Loving the storyline.
  • Spike_G
    Spike_G Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I've recently downloaded it as it's gone free B)
    Only used it for "brisk" walking rather than running as a knee injury makes running difficult (although it's much better now I'm 30lbs lighter!)

Certainly breaks up the monotony of my lunchtime walks B)
  • ptsmiles
    Options
    I'm on Week 4, workout 2 for today. I'm still having to do intervals during the free form runs.
  • hoppinglark
    hoppinglark Posts: 213 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Have you emailed the addresses in the artifacts?
    They write back!
    Able Township:-)
    (I'm doing the plain app)
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I downloaded the app but then found it wouldn't play with my music? Any suggestions/advice?
  • lilackisses
    lilackisses Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love it. I started with the regular app and then decided that I needed a bit more training. Have repeated a few weeks, and it has been far longer than eight weeks, but my legs are starting to be pure muscle. Yay!
  • ptsmiles
    Options
    I've had to do a few of the workouts on an elipital and treadmill because of rain. I've had to bypass the knee lifts because I don't dare do them anywhere other than solid ground. Knowing my kluztiness I would trip. lol I am approaching week 5 and I think I'll repeat the program starting with either week 3 or 4 when I'm done. I do wish the workouts would stay closer to 30mins, but I push through.
  • Miles_to_Go
    Miles_to_Go Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Love it! I use it every time I run. Unfortunately I had to turn off the periodic zombie chases (that respond to your speed), since it didn't seem to sense when I sped up. My loot kept getting grabbed by the zombs . Maybe a problem due to running on a treadmill? Those chases were scary and motivating.

If you can't get your music to play... Be sure you select your playlist from inside the app settings. Otherwise it doesn't work well.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    I downloaded the app but then found it wouldn't play with my music? Any suggestions/advice?
    @sofaking6
    edit: scratch that, those were instructions for regular Zombies,Run

With the 5k one, have you tried running it in "Legacy iPod Player" (if using an iphone)?
  • Mezoti_Rei
    Mezoti_Rei Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had problems with the free runs on 5k, didn't know when to stop and ended up triggering some nasty asthma attacks, so I ended up listening to the story while running to a C25k podcast with set times for all the runs, rather than the "run as much as you can" options for Zombies. Worked well, I got to enjoy the story & run the C25k program. I've gotten out of shape, but have begun doing it again with the Zombies Run app.

@Miles_to_Go: the Zombie Chases tell your speed through GPS, so can't be done on a treadmill. They're not even an option of devices without GPS like the iPod Touch.