Question for low carb dieters..

Options
brikachuu
brikachuu Posts: 30 Member
I'm going for low carb right now and I was wondering what everyone has their "calories & macronutrient goals" set to, or did you change it at all? Thanks guys !

Replies

• TheSurge0n
    TheSurge0n Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    At low carb I change it to 45% protein, 35% fat & 20 % carbs @ 1600 cal per day calorie limit.
    What are yours!
  • MamaSteg
    MamaSteg Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Pre diabetic here. Doc told me to set mine at 100 grams
  • brikachuu
    Options
    My calorie goal is set to 1570.. Carb 50%, protein 20%, fats 30%. I'm a newbie at this and wasn't sure if I should leave it or lower the carb goal..
  • kalyn_QT
    kalyn_QT Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    i am at 45% protein, 35% fat & 20 % carbs as well.calorie goal is at 1250.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I've been low carb since March, currently set at 10% carbs, 20% protein 70% fat. My diary is open if you want to see what my days look like. I've been a little higher on carbs the past few days.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is set to 1570.. Carb 50%, protein 20%, fats 30%. I'm a newbie at this and wasn't sure if I should leave it or lower the carb goal..

50% carbs isn't low carb...
  • brikachuu
    Options
    I know that. That's why I'm asking how I should balance the percentages ..
  • brikachuu
    Options
    Thanks for the helpful answers, guys.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I know that. That's why I'm asking how I should balance the percentages ..

Try 20% carbs, 50% fat, 30% protein.
  • brikachuu
    Options
    Actually JUST changed it to that! Thank you!
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Well that isn't low carb for sure, 20% carb perhaps with 30% protein and 50% fats.

Edit - whoops, passed in the ether. You're there already.
  • auntiemsgr8
    auntiemsgr8 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'm not really doing low carb but aiming for much lower than in the past. Mine is at 30%. But I vary it day to day. I try to have two days at higher carbs (about 150-170g of 1700 calories and two days of under 100g. Then the other four I try to keep just over 100. The variety helps me in my weight loss. So if you get stuck try changing it up each day and aim to average out to a specific percent each week
  • brikachuu
    Options
    I'm not really doing low carb but aiming for much lower than in the past. Mine is at 30%. But I vary it day to day. I try to have two days at higher carbs (about 150-170g of 1700 calories and two days of under 100g. Then the other four I try to keep just over 100. The variety helps me in my weight loss. So if you get stuck try changing it up each day and aim to average out to a specific percent each week

Appreciate the advice , thanks !
  • paleogal1129
    paleogal1129 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I personally have my goals at 50% fat, 25% carbs and 25% protein. I find that's just right to keep me satisfied most days. Best of luck!
  • brikachuu
    Options
    I personally have my goals at 50% fat, 25% carbs and 25% protein. I find that's just right to keep me satisfied most days. Best of luck!

Awesome, thank you!
  • mshanepace
    mshanepace Posts: 23 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Not that I need to share but you REALLY want your fats higher and your proteins down, carbs aren't a NEEDED input but make food a bit more fun. You could go as high as 70% fats and 30% proteins but I personally wouldn't. If you're working out hard, weights, then I'd keep carbs up around workouts and cut most of them out throughout the day. High proteins and lower fats are hard on the body, especially since protein conversion is aided by dietary fats. Just a thought...

I personally aim for 60% fats, I actually hit around 50, then 30 protein and 10 carbs. But I fluctuate since I am on the road a lot.

A good book on the topic is good calories, bad calories.
  • Yisrael1981
    Yisrael1981 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Just thought I would add that MFP counts fiber as part of your carbs even though they are not digested by your body and therefore have no calorie count. So when counting carbs make sure to subtract the fiber