Why do I always drop the ball at the weekend?

Options
ive been really good this week being under my calories every day but every weekend I seem to eat really high calorie things , when I'm at work I have a routine and stick to it but today I went into town and got a baguette with Brie and ham and I've just eaten a curry with rice for over 700 calories . Any advice on trying to stay good at the weekend while out of routine ??

Replies

• javba2
    javba2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Try dividing meals into submeals - i.e. eating at 4 hourly intervals throughout the day - so meal sizes are smaller. If I'm out getting something - I usually consume 1/2 and the other half gets packed. There's also using veggie's / salads as fillers to cause less damage - before - you hit the more damaging food. OTOH - excesses happen - getting back on the horse is the real plan :smile:
  • VeroniqueBoilard
    VeroniqueBoilard Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I believe you should aim to eat like you want to eat for the rest of your life.

Try to substract and "save" 100 calories from the week days so you have an extra 500 calories for the week end or even better, work out/do sports on week end so you have those extra calories : it's good for your muscle and you will feel like this is sustainable for long term!
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I really do think that's a question only you can answer. Rather than phrasing it as a question, own it. "I always drop the ball at the weekend."

Now how are you going to remedy that?

For me, I do as someone else suggested and "save up" 100 calories or so every day during the week, but for the most part, I eat normally on the weekend with maybe one splurge meal.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Think about it and log it and take a good look at your calories before you put it in your mouth. You could still have enjoyed the curry but eaten half the amount. Stop looking at weekends as a day off. When it comes to loosing weight there are no days off. You have to develop good eating habits and that means being mindful about everything you eat every day.

Nobody is forcing you to make poor choices. That is entirely up to you.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Because you dont have a dont drop the weekend ball strategy.
  • DrLauraDVM16
    DrLauraDVM16 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    The foods you've eaten today sound delicious! And, they're real food, not processed crap or junk food. Ideally, you could eat smaller portions, ie. half of the baguette with ham and brie today and save half for lunch tomorrow, and the same with the curry.

How is your overall weekly deficit? If you're eating below your goals all week, you may still be able to splurge on the weekends and lose weight. Logging and calculations are the key here. Otherwise, "dropping the ball" is all about willpower...
  • ladylisagogo
    ladylisagogo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I do this too, I couldn't keep going otherwise. I look forward to the weekend to have a treat/time out/reward for all the hard work, it works for me, the pounds are still dropping!
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    You're not occupied enough to think/plan properly. Do some exercise to work off the extra calories or just eat smaller portions, bulked out with veg/salad.
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    As some of the others said: I save some calories for the weekend. and if I don't have enough, I add more exercise for them. At least, that is always the plan. B) Are you eating with others on the weekend, and it's a social 'thing'? Workdays are more structured. Maybe a written weekend schedule, including meal times.. would help for awhile. :)