How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• AnnebelleLee
    AnnebelleLee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I only get weighed at my doctor's office. However, since I started this program yesterday, I may have to change that to once every two weeks. Otherwise, it gets discouraging to not see that number go down.
  • mooo92
    mooo92 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Personally I keep staring at the mirror everyday, I've given up on looking at the scales everyday at the gym (use to be an obsession). I checked it maybe once every 1-2 weeks now. I feel a little less frustrated this way because the fluctuations would range to about 2-3lb and would really annoy me.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    FoxyLifter wrote: »
    I weigh myself nearly every day. I record each reading into a weight tracker app that gives me a fancy graph with stats and stuff. I only record my weight into MFP if it's a new low OR I've gained more than 5 pounds and it has stuck for more than a month.

This. I'm still losing actively, so I haven't had to do the more than 5 lbs, but new lows only. And I weigh daily specifically to get the fancy graphs :blush:
  • Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Eat time I go to the gym, but I only seriously take my first measure of the week as my number. Usually on Monday mid-morning.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    On the daily, but like dubstep I only record the drops.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day but I record it only twice a week.

70044776.png
  • forgivensins
    forgivensins Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I weight every day but I only log the lowest of the week. I also have a file to keep tabs on trends especially for when I get stuck.
  • cyronius
    cyronius Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Everyday. But I use trendweight to get the bigger picture, so the fluctuations don't bother me...
  • 2009jewellz
    2009jewellz Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    mousie1973 wrote: »
    I weigh once a week.. monday mornings.. (gee what a way to start a monday)

• 2009jewellz
    2009jewellz Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Once a week. Every blue moon everyday.
  • ysooor
    ysooor Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Weight yourself ever day on empty stomach.
  • go4me1
    go4me1 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Carol_ wrote: »
    I record my weight once a week, but I usually weight every day. I think I might start recording it every day.

Same
  • RDAbreu
    RDAbreu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I hop on the scale every day, first thing in the morning (empty stomach) and log it.

I perfectly understand those who feel that checking on your weight every day can be discouraging due to fluctuations, since they do exist and may freak some people out, but they are also exactly why I choose to weigh every morning.

Since I'm reasonably large and drink lots of water, my weight fluctuates a lot (I've seen changes of up to 8lbs overnight) and I don't want to ever find myself feeling discouraged because it fluctuated up exactly on the day I chose to weigh.

Besides, I had a great experience with daily weight tracking in the past, weighing every morning for over a year, and it is very satisfying to look at a graph and notice that, despite jumping up and down all the time, that line is steadily going down.

Good luck!
  • amypauline523
    amypauline523 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!!! Very helpful answers :smiley:
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Statistically, daily weigh-ins are most effective. So that's what I do.

I record every day, too.
  • eihcir1
    eihcir1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Everyday.I don't get discouraged, i use it as a tool to improve. I also figure in water intake, fat and processed foods and the like as to how it fits in to the bigger picture.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I weigh and record every day then graph it on WeightGrapher.com so that the normal fluctuations don't freak me out. I average it for the week and record that on MFP. I hate to say so but I love seeing the downward trend which, for me, has been very consistent over the last year and a half. You can keep notes on the fluctuations too -- sooooo geeky. LOL. I'm starting to love numbers now.
  • PatriciaGentileschi
    PatriciaGentileschi Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I tried not to weight myself very often...I normally do...every two weeks...but it is a bit disappointing when you feel like you have loose some weight and you actually, haven´t :neutral:
  • arv51862
    arv51862 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'll weigh in (unofficially) on my home scale pretty much every day to help keep myself on track.
    I weigh in (for my official weight loss numbers) on a doctors scale at work. I started out weighing in "officially" about 2x / week...(before I got my home scale), Now more like 1x / week...
  • OffKilter5150
    OffKilter5150 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am a daily weight kind of girl, for several reasons. One, I like to see the up and down fluctuations. It helps me tune into what I'm feeling and to how my body might be responding to certain foods or sore muscles or even dehydration. Two, it keeps me honest. When I stop weighing, I tend to gain. It becomes easy for me to just forget what I'm doing. Up and down fluctuations are totally normal and not at all demoralizing to me. I'm not going to gain 3 pounds of fat overnight, and I know this. If I'm retaining, I review my diet and activity and analyze why. Keeps me happy!