How often do you weigh yourself?

2»

Replies

• ysooor
    ysooor Posts: 21 Member
    Weight yourself ever day on empty stomach.
  • go4me1
    go4me1 Posts: 101 Member
    Carol_ wrote: »
    I record my weight once a week, but I usually weight every day. I think I might start recording it every day.

Same
  • RDAbreu
    RDAbreu Posts: 2 Member
    I hop on the scale every day, first thing in the morning (empty stomach) and log it.

I perfectly understand those who feel that checking on your weight every day can be discouraging due to fluctuations, since they do exist and may freak some people out, but they are also exactly why I choose to weigh every morning.

Since I'm reasonably large and drink lots of water, my weight fluctuates a lot (I've seen changes of up to 8lbs overnight) and I don't want to ever find myself feeling discouraged because it fluctuated up exactly on the day I chose to weigh.

Besides, I had a great experience with daily weight tracking in the past, weighing every morning for over a year, and it is very satisfying to look at a graph and notice that, despite jumping up and down all the time, that line is steadily going down.

Good luck!
  • amypauline523
    amypauline523 Posts: 10 Member
    Thank you everyone!!!! Very helpful answers :smiley:
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Statistically, daily weigh-ins are most effective. So that's what I do.

I record every day, too.
  • eihcir1
    eihcir1 Posts: 11 Member
    Everyday.I don't get discouraged, i use it as a tool to improve. I also figure in water intake, fat and processed foods and the like as to how it fits in to the bigger picture.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    I weigh and record every day then graph it on WeightGrapher.com so that the normal fluctuations don't freak me out. I average it for the week and record that on MFP. I hate to say so but I love seeing the downward trend which, for me, has been very consistent over the last year and a half. You can keep notes on the fluctuations too -- sooooo geeky. LOL. I'm starting to love numbers now.
  • PatriciaGentileschi
    PatriciaGentileschi Posts: 27 Member
    I tried not to weight myself very often...I normally do...every two weeks...but it is a bit disappointing when you feel like you have loose some weight and you actually, haven´t :neutral:
  • arv51862
    arv51862 Posts: 115 Member
    I'll weigh in (unofficially) on my home scale pretty much every day to help keep myself on track.
    I weigh in (for my official weight loss numbers) on a doctors scale at work. I started out weighing in "officially" about 2x / week...(before I got my home scale), Now more like 1x / week...
  • OffKilter5150
    OffKilter5150 Posts: 24 Member
    I am a daily weight kind of girl, for several reasons. One, I like to see the up and down fluctuations. It helps me tune into what I'm feeling and to how my body might be responding to certain foods or sore muscles or even dehydration. Two, it keeps me honest. When I stop weighing, I tend to gain. It becomes easy for me to just forget what I'm doing. Up and down fluctuations are totally normal and not at all demoralizing to me. I'm not going to gain 3 pounds of fat overnight, and I know this. If I'm retaining, I review my diet and activity and analyze why. Keeps me happy!
  • campdawson
    campdawson Posts: 69 Member
    I weigh myself most mornings but only chart the result when it holds consistently, about once a month.
  • a_manda
    a_manda Posts: 36 Member
    go4me1 wrote: »
    Carol_ wrote: »
    I record my weight once a week, but I usually weight every day. I think I might start recording it every day.

Same

I do this as well.
  • steffirae76
    steffirae76 Posts: 54 Member
    I have been weighing myself everyday but recently got discouraged because I've hit a plateau and am obsessing over the number on the scales when I should be more focused to the inches I am losing. I am going to weigh in Monday morning then keep my scales in the trunk of my car until the following week,
  • artsbysimon
    artsbysimon Posts: 14 Member
    I weigh myself when I get a chance that would be Saturday mornings and then when I decide my breakfast ; )
  • swift13b
    swift13b Posts: 158 Member
    Every Sunday morning. Sometimes I check in mid-week but I don't record that weight or let it bother me if it's up from Sunday's weight.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    once a week, ~9PM Monday, boxers only
  • LilannB
    LilannB Posts: 99 Member
    Once a week on Sunday morning.
  • gothicfires
    gothicfires Posts: 240 Member
    edited June 2015
    I weigh everyday. I was entering each day into mfp but now I'm keeping it all in my blog and only entering in mfp when I drop below the last check in weight.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    I weigh in the morning (when I remember). When I do weigh, I enter it in MFP for tracking :)
  • mygatorgirl8
    mygatorgirl8 Posts: 38 Member
    Hello...I weigh in once a week on Wednesday morning before eating or drinking anything...and wearing nothing so I can keep an accurate weight...then I write it on the calendar to remind me...Wednesday I call my weigh in day..
  • rachael00679
    rachael00679 Posts: 186 Member
    Every day I weigh myself in the morning before my shower. I log it once a week on a Monday morning.
    Not at all bothered by fluctuations when I know I have eaten right, weighed everything and have been getting my exercise in.