Feeling miserable when you are eating stuff you are not supposed to be eating...

Options

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Honesly having read the thread I can see why it all goes wrong.
    If you simply did MFP and did the basics properly then you would lose. The fact you try all these fad diets shows you have yet to get to grips with the simple basics of weight loss.

Its hard to lose wieght the less you jhave to lose. Why not lose it at .5lb a week which is a deficit of 250 calories.If you wnat to make more ceratin then you cna eat less or move more.

You seem to have an issue with

1. Consistency
    2. Being patient beyond a few weeks, so quit easily.
    3. Doing exercise.

Decide in your own mind , do you wnat to lose the weight or not?

Are you prepared to do what it takes? Will you commit? I think after you lose the weight it wont impress you as much as you think and youll just end up being skinny fat.

Just do a diet you cna sustain and then you wont need to feel miserable.
  • PatriciaGentileschi
    PatriciaGentileschi Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It will take me nine weeks to lose 5 kilos while I am eating 1200kcals? That is a looong time! :(
    The nine weeks are going to pass anyway. What you do during those nine weeks is up to you.

I don´t understand what you mean by that....is that nine weeks is not that long?:P
  • PatriciaGentileschi
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    It will take me nine weeks to lose 5 kilos while I am eating 1200kcals? That is a looong time! :(

Look at it this way, you are a lot closer to your goal than a lot of people. Imagine looking at a multi-year slog to lose weight. You're ahead of the game.

Also, good news, you're normal BMI, which means you are in a position of doing this out of choice, not necessity. You might do this, realize you like what you see after 2.5 kg, and pick that time to work on maintenance.

Thank you for that....Is more a choice as you say...to be honest....Random question...how do you log in homemade soups? I made one myself this evening and I will like to start to track my calories again from tomorrow...with you guys maybe I feel more motivated!I can see more people in my same situation and that helps...def helpS!!:D
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    The nine weeks are going to pass anyway. What you do during those nine weeks is up to you.

I don´t understand what you mean by that....is that nine weeks is not that long?:P
    What I mean is that nine weeks from now it will be nine weeks from now, whether you decide to try to lose the weight or not. When that time comes, you can either be glad that you've accomplished your goal, or at least made progress, or you can sit and keep saying that nine weeks is a looong time and still be in the same situation you are now.

Your life expectancy from today is about 2,751 weeks. Nine weeks seems pretty small by comparison.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »

Look at it this way, you are a lot closer to your goal than a lot of people. Imagine looking at a multi-year slog to lose weight. You're ahead of the game.

Also, good news, you're normal BMI, which means you are in a position of doing this out of choice, not necessity. You might do this, realize you like what you see after 2.5 kg, and pick that time to work on maintenance.

Thank you for that....Is more a choice as you say...to be honest....Random question...how do you log in homemade soups? I made one myself this evening and I will like to start to track my calories again from tomorrow...with you guys maybe I feel more motivated!I can see more people in my same situation and that helps...def helpS!!:D

I use the recipe feature in MFP. Build the recipe in there and how many servings in a batch, and then you can log accordingly. It's a little wonky, but it does work pretty well.
  • PatriciaGentileschi
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    Honesly having read the thread I can see why it all goes wrong.
    If you simply did MFP and did the basics properly then you would lose. The fact you try all these fad diets shows you have yet to get to grips with the simple basics of weight loss.

Its hard to lose wieght the less you jhave to lose. Why not lose it at .5lb a week which is a deficit of 250 calories.If you wnat to make more ceratin then you cna eat less or move more.

You seem to have an issue with

1. Consistency
    2. Being patient beyond a few weeks, so quit easily.
    3. Doing exercise.

Decide in your own mind , do you wnat to lose the weight or not?

Are you prepared to do what it takes? Will you commit? I think after you lose the weight it wont impress you as much as you think and youll just end up being skinny fat.

Just do a diet you cna sustain and then you wont need to feel miserable.

What do you mean by Skinny fat?
    And yes you seem to get the problem here...when I see that I am doing my best to shed those kilos and doing my best and after two weeks I don´t see any results...I get angry and I feel miserable and I always decide to eat something naughty to calm my anger (Wrong I know)

Exercise...yes lately I don´t do much...I must admit!
  • PatriciaGentileschi
    Options

What I mean is that nine weeks from now it will be nine weeks from now, whether you decide to try to lose the weight or not. When that time comes, you can either be glad that you've accomplished your goal, or at least made progress, or you can sit and keep saying that nine weeks is a looong time and still be in the same situation you are now.

Your life expectancy from today is about 2,751 weeks. Nine weeks seems pretty small by comparison.

I like your way of thinking! You def motivate me in doing this...I can try and see how it goes...If I feel like 1200 is too little calories I can add more (Knowning that will take me longer) but yes....Now it comes the summer and I like my ice cold beer and stuff...but with moderation I guess is possible...don´t you think?
  • bpetrosky
    Options
    No reason you can't enjoy a pint. Just log it so you are aware of how it fits in your budget.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options

I like your way of thinking! You def motivate me in doing this...I can try and see how it goes...If I feel like 1200 is too little calories I can add more (Knowning that will take me longer) but yes....Now it comes the summer and I like my ice cold beer and stuff...but with moderation I guess is possible...don´t you think?
    Absolutely it is possible. And 1200 probably is a bigger deficit than would be ideal for you. You could lose the weight a little more slowly, but more enjoyably -- I mean, beer, right? -- with a smaller deficit and still get there in a reasonable time.
  • MK24551
    MK24551 Posts: 174 Member
    Options

What's they mean is 9 weeks is gonna come n go weather u like it or not, so u can either work hard n lose during the 9 weeks or continue to try n find a fad diet. The choice is yours!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Why don't you look at it as more of a sustainable lifestyle change rather than diet/fad diet? You want to eat in a way that you will carry into maintenance & beyond. The only time you should give up a food item is medical reasons such as being allergic, diabetes, or you suffer from something like IBS or it's a food you know you can't eat in moderation.

When most people do fad diets the reason they mainly lose weight is they're more active & they're eating at a deficit & once they reach their desired weight they go back to eating the way they did before & eating way over their maintenance calories.

I've lost around 145-155 pounds (not sure on exact starting weight & now maintaining around 158) & I ate ice cream, cookies, candy, chips, brownies, cake, etc. The biggest tip I give people is try to get a food scale that measures in grams & ounces & weigh literally everything that goes into your mouth. The only item I have found that is pretty reliable weight wise is single serve yogurt cups. It's very easy to overestimate how much ice cream, peanut butter, cereal, chips, etc. you're actually eating. With food I usually try to eat a decent amount of protein & fiber since I find that keeps me fuller for much longer. For protein a I eat protein bars, yogurt, meat (chicken, tuna, tilapia, & very rarely pork/beef), & sometimes I use protein powder/casein powder.

Since you don't have a lot to lose according to your profile at least aim to only lose a half a pound a week since you seem to only have 11 pounds to lose.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    It took me longer than 9 weeks to lose 5kg, and I am a lot heavier than you. But I am satisfied with it taking longer, because I get to eat more.

Weight loss is not a race. It sounds like you're incredibly impatient and have totally unrealistic goals.
  • bpetrosky
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    It took me longer than 9 weeks to lose 5kg, and I am a lot heavier than you. But I am satisfied with it taking longer, because I get to eat more.

Weight loss is not a race. It sounds like you're incredibly impatient and have totally unrealistic goals.

Ok, can we tone it down a little? The OP is new to the concept and is still learning. She needs to recalibrate her expectations but it helps to give a little more balanced feedback.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    It looks to me as though you do not have to much to lose so JUST DO IT. I know exactly where you are coming from. You have not much to lose so you get complacent. Look back to a time when you were losing weight. Look at what exercise you were doing and start from there.

Don't do different diets. It is not a diet you need, it is a lifestyle change. Just eat less than you burn and you will lose weight. I have done all the diets. None of them work. Then I found MFP. It is the only one that worked for me. Put your info into it and trust it. No special diet needed. Just eat and exercise. That is all that is needed.

Edited to add. Unless there is a medical reason to quit sugar, why are you doing that? It is probably why you are eating more sugar than you should in your third week. If I cut out anything, I would be craving it. Eat things in moderation (including sugar). I allow myself a small chocolate bar on Saturday night and Sunday night. If I think I may go over my calories at weekend, I go to maintenance for those two nights. That way I don't go overboard for weekend and I can start again on Monday morning after not putting anything on over weekend. It slows things down a little, but I have lost 49 lbs by doing this. Give it a try, It works. Good luck to you whatever you decide to do.

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

A pound per week with little to lose is an aggressive goal. You can do this the smart way, or the rushed and painful way .. your choice.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

A pound per week with little to lose is an aggressive goal. You can do this the smart way, or the rushed and painful way .. your choice.

I only have 7 pounds left to lose and have been losing about a pound a week for five weeks, so it can be done. My calories are at 1300. There's zero room for treats on that without exercise, but truthfully it's been the easiest weight loss I've ever had (so far). I do exercise quite a bit so I can have treats...otherwise it probably would be quite painful.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    There really aren't any foods you aren't supposed to eat, although I did decide today that maybe I'm not supposed to have KFC anymore. Hint: it's not because of calories...

sick0019.gif
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Op instead of worrying about how long it will take you to lose the 5 kilos, worry about what will happen next. Your current level of activiy and eating puts you at a certain weight. No matter how fast or slow you lose, what happens when you have lost the weight? Going back to eating what you currently eat, and resting at the activity level you are now, slowly but certainly you will end up at your current weight. With little to lose, it will not be some dramatic change in lifestyle you need, but it will be also harder to figure out how to do it. Perhaps a more realistic plan would be to figure out calories for maintenance at desired weight and see if you can do this, long term. It will eventually get you to where you want to be.
  • PatriciaGentileschi
    Options
    MK24551 wrote: »

What's they mean is 9 weeks is gonna come n go weather u like it or not, so u can either work hard n lose during the 9 weeks or continue to try n find a fad diet. The choice is yours!

It's a good way of looking at it! So yeah...they convinced me! :smiley: