Day 2 of the 30-Day Shred

Options
_Christine_
_Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
My new favorite workout!

The other day I pulled out several of my old workout DVDs and tried to work out to them. Within minutes I was shutting them off. It took me years, but I finally realized I DON’T LIKE TO DANCE! I know, I know, a girl supposed to love to dance. But I don't. I mean, I don't mind a little toe tappin' and head bobbin', but full on gyrations and hip thrusts... no thanks. (I'll save that for DH.) :wink:

What I want in a work out is to feel powerful, not pretty.

It’s only day two, but I’m hooked. The moment Jillian said the hip rolls made her feel silly… I was in. From now on if a DVD even mentions moves such as The Grapevine or tells me to ‘do it with attitude’… I’m tossin’ it!! Mama needs to be able to keep up with an active 7-year old and 21-month old twins, not break out the latest pop star moves.

Replies

• JLervold86
    JLervold86 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday too and LOVED when she said that the knees and hip rolls made her feel like an idiot. I can't wait to get home and do day 2! So excited to see what I'm looking like in 30 days :o) Good luck with it!
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    LOL..I feel you on this with the exception of Zumba, cause I love that, but the 30 Day Shred kicks butt!!
  • dcg8r
    dcg8r Posts: 38
    Options
    I just finished day 2 as well! I LOVE that it's only 20 mins. I hit the 14 minute mark and feel like I wanna die. but then I think... I've already made it 2/3 of the way haha :) Congratulations! maybe we can hold each other accountable.
  • cmbrigham
    cmbrigham Posts: 2
    Options
    I started Jillian Michaels 30 in January and love it. I rotate it now with her Shred it w/weights (which is a kettlebell workout) SO GREAT. I just purchased Ripped in 30 but haven't tried it yet. I am not super coordinated so those other type of workouts never appealed to me. I love to dance but on my own terms, I can't follow along with Zumba or whatever the latest fad is. Jillian is no nonsense, gets me sweating and combines strenght and cardio in less than 30 min. What more can a working mom ask for! Good luck with your goal!!
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    My new favorite workout!

The other day I pulled out several of my old workout DVDs and tried to work out to them. Within minutes I was shutting them off. It took me years, but I finally realized I DON’T LIKE TO DANCE! I know, I know, a girl supposed to love to dance. But I don't. I mean, I don't mind a little toe tappin' and head bobbin', but full on gyrations and hip thrusts... no thanks. (I'll save that for DH.) :wink:

What I want in a work out is to feel powerful, not pretty.

It’s only day two, but I’m hooked. The moment Jillian said the hip rolls made her feel silly… I was in. From now on if a DVD even mentions moves such as The Grapevine or tells me to ‘do it with attitude’… I’m tossin’ it!! Mama needs to be able to keep up with an active 7-year old and 21-month old twins, not break out the latest pop star moves.

I agree!!
  • amberrlynae
    Options
    I love Jillian and the 30 day shred. Another great Jillian work out is her Yoga Meltdown doing that work out really makes me feel strong.
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I'm adding them all to my 'must have DVD' list. :)
  • jennnny
    jennnny Posts: 65
    Options
    I just finished day 3! Just so everybody knows there's a group of us that just started this week. So if you need support or someone to hold you accountable there's a whole bunch of us right over here :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/241446-summer-shredders-closed-group
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    One of the things I love best about Jillian's dvds is that they aren't expensive. I can't imagine how much money some people pour in to programs, only to discover that they can't do it, or don't really like it. At less than $10 per workout, I don't feel quite so awful if I don't love it.
  • dcg8r
    dcg8r Posts: 38
    Options
    I fell off the wagon over the weekend (body was too sore from yoga/pilates/etc) but completed day 4 & 5. Today will be day 6 if I have enough energy after coming back from Zumba class & the 80-min walk to/from the gym.