72 lbs down in 5 months

Options
korpinator99
korpinator99 Posts: 15 Member
Well as of tonight I've hit 72 lbs down from 360 lbs down to 288. I should be happy but I don't feel happy yet. Physically feel much better than I have in a few years buy I'm still far from satisfied and where I should be happy with the progress, I'm just not sure I'll ever be truly happy with how I look. Maybe it will take time who knows. All I know is that I have a long journey ahead of me still. I will at least relish this small victory and know that I'm one step closer to loving myself again.

Replies

• SparkyTinman
    SparkyTinman Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Korpinator99 - well done! That is a massive amount of weight to have lost in 5 months! Worried about you not feeling happy though - perhaps try to make your goal right now just the 'feeling better' rather than 'looking better'. Perhaps if that is your sole focus, you'll be happier and the 'looking better' will come as an ancillary benefit in time. You need to focus on what is going to make you happy during the process so you don't get derailed. Right now your health and happiness both need to be tended to because both of those are critical to a good life - more so than the looking better. But if you have the means, go out and get yourself a victory sporty work out tshirt to walk in or great new runners or something and walk those puppies, (fast or slow) and think of how much better it feels without having to carry the 7 huge sacks of potatoes you've lost!
    So don't worry about the before and after pics...that's all look ... Maybe post some emoticons with before and after 'how I feel'. Keep up the FANTASTIC work!! I'll be watching out for your next post!!!
  • jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    OP I can relate to how you feel. Earlier this year I lost 40% of my goal but lost my way and put it all back on and am now just getting back to it.

I am very p*ssed with myself as if I had kept on I would have been hitting my goal about now.

It can seem like an endless journey but you have made a great start. Going below 300 must have been massive for you! It is inspirational to me :)

Try concentrating on how much better you feel now and then go again. I am sure you will get where you want to be
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I've lost the same amount of weight. It doesn't change your life. It does (or can) give you pride in having accomplished something, the pleasure of having clothes that fit and an occasional compliment. Those aren't small things. Enjoy them for what they are and soldier on.
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    It hasn't been until recently that my weight loss has started to "make me happy". And by that I mean has started to make me feel good about my appearance. It will take time, but there will come a moment where you smile at your success.
  • korpinator99
    Options
    Thanks everyone I really appreciate the responses. I'm down nearly two shirt sizes and down from like a 48 to nearly a 42 in pants. I find it hard to be happy with my accomplishments because I can't believe I let myself balloon this far in the first place. However I do see some positives when I look in the mirror so maybe as time goes on, I will be happy with myself again. Thanks again everyone I'm glad to know I'm not alone here :)
  • penelopepittstopsmam
    penelopepittstopsmam Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    UnknownAX0 wrote: »
    pics or it didn't happen

I found this unacceptably rude.
  • penelopepittstopsmam
    penelopepittstopsmam Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I really appreciate the responses. I'm down nearly two shirt sizes and down from like a 48 to nearly a 42 in pants. I find it hard to be happy with my accomplishments because I can't believe I let myself balloon this far in the first place. However I do see some positives when I look in the mirror so maybe as time goes on, I will be happy with myself again. Thanks again everyone I'm glad to know I'm not alone here :)

I think we just have to accept that what happened, happened and to enjoy the process of fixing it as much as we can. Huge congratulations to you on your hard work and determination.
  • jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I was thinking about you after I posted yesterday and it occurred to me that you are approaching a very big milestone. Once you lose another 8 pounds (which ain't much considering what you've lost already) you will be under 20 stone which is a great result.

We here a lot one here about "Onederland". Maybe we should introduce "Teenderland" for people dropping below 20 stone?

Anyway HTH
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I dropped from 279 to 174, and I didn't start feeling happy until I hit 199, and I wasn't ecstatic until I hit 179. I was frustrated that I was unhappy, but I kept at it. Congrats on your achievement so far, and keep at it. At some point, you will start feeling happy, and you'll really enjoy it. Until then, and for each 5-10 lbs along the way, give yourself a big pat on the back. You've earned it!
  • soozquu
    soozquu Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's an amazing weight loss. You are an inspiration. :smiley:
  • korpinator99
    Options
    I figured it was time to update anyone that's interested. My official 5 months was the 9th of july and I'm officially down 86 lbs. Starting to feel some form of happiness towards this accomplishment. Down from a 3x to a single xl shirt. Only 35 lbs till my first official goal. Will keep everyone posted on my progress xD
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!