What music gets you motivated?

Options
I am composing a workout playlist and wondering what music do you listen to while you work out or what music makes you get up and shake your booty?

Replies

• dbendelow
    dbendelow Posts: 27
    Options
    My music taste goes from one extreme to another.

Heres a few of my fave workout tunes:
    I quite like late 90's / early 2000's dance/ club music for working out. Things like Milk Inc - In my Eyes or a bit of
    tiesto - as the rush comes
    HED P.E - killing time
    Prodigy - Insomnia
    For an angel - paul van *kitten*
    Daft Punk - around the world
    Run DMC - its like that
    Dizzy Rascal - Holiday
    Metallica - My Apolocoypse
    Spce Brothers - Shine
    Muse - supermassive black hole
    The course - best love
    Tynchy stryder - make me back
    SuReal - you take my breath away
    Byron Stingly - get up everybody

I like alot of late 90's early 2000's club music to work out to, anything really as you can tell lol
  • floydypants
    floydypants Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I use the cross trainer mostly so I like to get tracks that fit in with the rhythm of it. Ones I have been using this week are:

Shakira - She Wolf
    Charles B Adonis - Lack of Love (This one is perfect!)
    Dizzee Rascal - Bonkers
    Daft Punk - I Wanna Be U
    The Gossip - Standing In The Way of Control
  • jillerin457
    jillerin457 Posts: 70
    Options
    I used to make playlists of all my favorite early '90s hip-hop and pop because it was so fun -- Janet Jackson, Salt-n-Pepa, Technotronic, Black Box, C&C Music Factory, Marky Mark & the Funky Bunch, etc. I do love that stuff and it's fun to dance to!

However, I realized I was spending more time flipping through my iPod and shuffling to the next song, and never really getting in "the zone" of running. So I switched to my REAL favorite music (Ryan Adams, Counting Crows, Grateful Dead, Rolling Stones, Death Cab for Cutie, etc.), and even though it's not as upbeat and fun as the other stuff, it holds my attention much longer and the workout seems to go faster.

I know everyone's different and this approach may not work for you, but it's something to consider! :)
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    Phish
    Grateful Dead
    Ryan Adams
    MGMT
    Foster The People
    James Brown
    Isaak Hayes
    Phoenix
    Black Keys
    Arcade Fire
    Allman Bros.
    Prince
    and many more!
  • Peanutmanda
    Peanutmanda Posts: 103
    Options
    Tu Pac-California love <-- lol Im a nerd. Its got a great beat to run to!!

Try it, i dare you!

Other than that i work out to alot of metal. and some old school rap songs : ) hehe.
  • slimthicky
    slimthicky Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Latin music really does it for me., especially reggae-ton. Makes me wanna shake my booty!
  • firedwings
    firedwings Posts: 11
    Options
    Wow! Such awesome replies and brilliant suggestions. Thank you so much for all your tips and tricks in the music (I will be loading up tonight!)