Saw ex boyfriend at an event and ate my feelings

Options
I worked a wine walk event tonight for charity and I ran into an ex who was there on a date (maybe a second or third date). We were off and on for about three years. I've been dating someone (off on) for 9ish months and the last time I saw this ex was last week when he treated me out for the night for my bday. Saw him tonight on a date and he acted as thoug he had never met me a day in his life. I acknowledged him trying to let him know that i was not blind to his behavior. I went off to drink all of my calories and eat all of my calories (burger.. Fries.. Wine and pie) and now I feel super full and super sad... I need to be on track tomorrow. Any words of encouragement will be much appreciated. Thank you!

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Part of this process is learning to forgive yourself for the mistakes you will inevitably make. You are not perfect, and you are not doing this in a vacuum. It's really ok, just return to your regularly scheduled calorie deficit.
  • Buhdeuce
    Buhdeuce Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Don't let one day (or one *kitten* of an ex boyfriend) have any influence on you or your journey
  • RobertDupuy
    RobertDupuy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow. I couldn't understand anything you wrote so I am officially old. But I wanted to encourage anyway, forget about one slip up, your goals can be achieved just start right back. It was simpler in my day, never took out an ex for her birthday, ex meant it was over.