I feel discouraged

Options
Okay. So I counted my calories today. (I've always been opposed to this form of dieting) Now I have a legitimate reason, everything I eat is a larger intake of sodium/carbs/calories then I thought! I feel worried that I won't stay within my intake. I'm looking at my fridge with a side eye! Everything is a calorie suspect now and I'm not sure if I have the consistency necessary to recondition my old habits. Ugh, the struggle is real.

*Sigh*

Replies

• ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Yes, the struggle is very real, lol! Planning ahead helps a lot... I am sure there are some tasty alternatives to the foods you're used to...
  • Magenta529
    Magenta529 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Just keep tracking calories on MFP, soon you will start to learn the best "bang for your buck" calorie wise! Stick with it, and keep up the good work!!
  • rachael00679
    rachael00679 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Planning ahead and pre logging helps.
    Finding new ways of cooking calories laden recipes also helps me a lot. You still get your fav yummy foods without it eating most of your calories away in one sitting.
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    You should feel "encouraged" - at least you know the area that needs (and can provide quick) improvement
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Knowledge and what you do with it is power. Great job taking the first step of identifying the calories for your food. Be patient, you will figure out what works. Just don't try to be an extreme dieter at the same time.