non meat protein and macros

Options
RolyBun
RolyBun Posts: 3 Member
Just wondering how best to split my carb/protein/fat %. I'm hoping to start some basic strength training as I feel I'd do better exercising at home.

Also are there any really good sources of protein what aren't meat? I'm not a vegetarian but do try to limit my meat intake.

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,994 Member
    Options
    eggs, milk, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, beans (all kinds) and lentils, soy milk, tofu, seitan (wheat gluten), nutritional yeast.
    You can also get protein from other cheeses, nuts, nut butters, and seeds, but they come with higher percentages of fats. Grains and veggies also have protein, but there's a higher percentage of carbs in grains and some veggies, and most people aren't going to eat enough of the lower carb veggies to meet their protein needs just from them - but everything helps.
  • thetruthonwar
    thetruthonwar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I suggest personally (taking from knowledge passed on) try soy, beans, and protein powder made for vegans. Also if you buy the protein powder avoid ones with pea protein that can cause you to get bloated.
  • RobertDupuy
    RobertDupuy Posts: 48 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I am vegetarian, I read once that vegetarians get too much protein same as non-vegetarian. That's because vegetarians still get dairy and some even eat eggs. I don't eat eggs or drink milk, but I do some dairy. I get protein from Greek yogurt, beans, almonds, quinoa, buckwheat, lentils

I get too much protein probably

Vegans have it harder, probably, vegetarianism is easy