New to Myfitnesspal

Options
I just signed up, and I'm determined to lose weight to get more healthy, not only for myself, but for my kids. I want to be able to more actively participate in fun things with them. I need to lose weight as I am now diabetic, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I can't let my weight kill me! I feel sick, tired and don't like what I see in the mirror. I am one of the many who eat for emotional comfort as I deal with things that have happened in my life. I look for both support from friends, and when I'm ready to do it well, support others on their journey as well. Thanks.

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    This site helped me lose 110 lbs and I know it can help you, too! Feel free to add me.
  • Dustinsteven22
    Dustinsteven22 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Congrats on deciding to change your life. I'm glad to see that you have great reasons to get in shape. Stick to the 3 keys of fitness: Nutrition, Exercise, and Support. feel free to add me.
  • JeffLauniere
    JeffLauniere Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have lost 47 pounds so far and feel great. I have coronary artery disease (severe) and also had very high blood pressure. Now my blood pressure is 108/68 and pulse is 52. I can't wait for my next blood test for cholesterol.

I achieved this through a lot of walking (about 6 miles a day) and originally just better eating, done by logging my food every day. Due to the coronary artery disease I ended up having a stent back in May and have now gotten very serious about losing weight and being healthy. I decided on going vegetarian to really lower my risks after that.

Start slow, build up, and don't get discouraged if you lose weight, and seem to get stuck or even gain a little. It can be discouraging, but I often find I will lose a whole lot in one week, the next gain a little back, then all of a sudden lose that and more. Build up the good habits and everything will fall into place.
  • Corpsebride81
    Corpsebride81 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    hi feel free to add me for support x
  • mskimpel
    mskimpel Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to add me . I am on high protein low sugar and crab. Regiment my food diary is open to all friends .
  • arkswife
    arkswife Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am new here too, trying to get healthy for myself and my family.