The Scale

Options
Ok I am very OCD, and find myself checking my weight constantly. Anyone have any tips on helping me to QUIT doing it so much???? I only want to do it once a week but I do it just about every time I go into the bathroom!! HELP!!

Replies

• Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    My happiest day literally was when my scale bit the dust.
    I don't have one in my house and only weigh 1x a week at the gym.
    It has saved my sanity!
  • sune929
    sune929 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna come take your scale :)
  • sla0814
    sla0814 Posts: 240
    Options
    I started weighing myself every morning and became disappointed when I didn't lose everyday...well HELLO! haha in a perfect world, we'll lose everyday...

I'm trying to ween myself off the scale because I don't want to be defined by it! We should be defined by our everyday successes, ex: looser clothes, saying "no" to a dessert, being active, having more energy, feeding our bodies nutritious fuel, feeling happier, sleeping better at night, etc. You know?

This is day 4 of not weighing myself and it takes everything in me to not jump on the scale first thing in the morning! However I'm trying to tell myself this is a marathon, not a sprint...So I don't want to put myself in a situation where I get super disappointed if I don't lose then possibly have a weak moment in the day and eat something I shouldn't and chalk it up to, "well I can eat this bc I'm not losing anyway..."

I think too often we're defined by that silly number on the scale!

God bless:)
  • myowncrazycool
    myowncrazycool Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I started weighing myself every morning and became disappointed when I didn't lose everyday...well HELLO! haha in a perfect world, we'll lose everyday...

I'm trying to ween myself off the scale because I don't want to be defined by it! We should be defined by our everyday successes, ex: looser clothes, saying "no" to a dessert, being active, having more energy, feeding our bodies nutritious fuel, feeling happier, sleeping better at night, etc. You know?

This is day 4 of not weighing myself and it takes everything in me to not jump on the scale first thing in the morning! However I'm trying to tell myself this is a marathon, not a sprint...So I don't want to put myself in a situation where I get super disappointed if I don't lose then possibly have a weak moment in the day and eat something I shouldn't and chalk it up to, "well I can eat this bc I'm not losing anyway..."

I think too often we're defined by that silly number on the scale!

God bless:)

What a great response! You have motivated me to start looking at my successes differently and let my scale be lonelier ;)