4 more pounds to be somewhere I never could have dreamed

Options
4 more pounds, and I will have lost TEN stones (140lbs) !!!!!

That's something I never thought I'd see myself typing!

40 more pounds and I'll be in Onederland!

Not bad for a 5'2" greatgrandmother who will be 60 in October!

I'm not going to sit here and say it's been an easy ride, it's been a bumpy one at times, but at long last I'm feeling proud of myself. Even though my head still says I'm 375lbs, the mirror shows I'm not.... and I think for me this week, to have had at least four people who worked with me at my heaviest and who haven't seen me for a long time tell me how amazing I look, is the best boost I could have had.

To my hubby, my family and my friends, thank you all for being with me on my journey, I know I've been a cantankerous old b*tch at times but I couldn't have done it without you xxxx

PS - thank you MFP as well, you kept me on the straight and narrow when I wanted to jump off the path!

3894102.png

Replies

• MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Wow lass! Very well done indeed :-)
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You SHOULD be proud!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    4 more pounds, and I will have lost TEN stones (140lbs) !!!!!

That's something I never thought I'd see myself typing!

40 more pounds and I'll be in Onederland!

Not bad for a 5'2" greatgrandmother who will be 60 in October!

I'm not going to sit here and say it's been an easy ride, it's been a bumpy one at times, but at long last I'm feeling proud of myself. Even though my head still says I'm 375lbs, the mirror shows I'm not.... and I think for me this week, to have had at least four people who worked with me at my heaviest and who haven't seen me for a long time tell me how amazing I look, is the best boost I could have had.

To my hubby, my family and my friends, thank you all for being with me on my journey, I know I've been a cantankerous old b*tch at times but I couldn't have done it without you xxxx

PS - thank you MFP as well, you kept me on the straight and narrow when I wanted to jump off the path!

3894102.png

You not only look amazing...you are AMAZING! Super good job, you winner you!

• axilious
    axilious Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thanks for being an inspiration to those of us just starting our journey :)
  • SparkyTinman
    SparkyTinman Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I saw you reply on another post and was going to congratulate there so I am very glad to see your post today. FANTASTIC!!! I haven't been to onederland in more than a decade. So happy for you - you've inspired me to keep working at it.
  • karenbermingham
    karenbermingham Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    wow such a great inspiration:) congratulations.
  • AZnewbie00
    AZnewbie00 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!!!
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Yay for you!!!! I'm 60 and I love to see these wonderful success stories from people around my age. You look terrific! So happy for your success!
  • Becca281552
    Becca281552 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You are amazing... congrats on your success!! :)
  • keana55
    keana55 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Way to go. I've only lost a little more than half of your amazing total (81lbs, 19 to go). I'm 66 and I, too, love to see mature ladies success stories! You inspire.
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You should be so proud of what you've accomplished. You look great and I bet that you feel great!!! Very inspirational. Thanks for sharing.
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    You've done an AMAZING and WONDERFUL and INSPIRING job!
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Excellent!
  • SillyCat1975
    SillyCat1975 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • rachael00679
    rachael00679 Posts: 186 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Awesome success story. Well done and congratulations on your loss so far.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! Congrats!
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome . Congratulations!!
  • BrendaMaldonado1
    BrendaMaldonado1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on reaching your goal
  • lore11a
    lore11a Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That is amazing!!
  • jer1993
    jer1993 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Amazing :) I have lost 157 pounds, o know how much work it is !! Xxx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!