High protein snacks?

Options
I am perfectly fine with getting the protein in during meals but when it comes to snack time..I have no idea! What are your go-to protein snacks?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    You could just eat more protein in your meals to hit your numbers?
    Make a bigger lunch/breakfast and save some for later?
  • salaita1968
    salaita1968 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    premier protein have 30 grams protein only 160 calories you can buy it from Costco
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Almonds or other nuts, low fat string cheese, non-fat Greek style yogurt, and beef jerky.
  • Hannah220190
    Hannah220190 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Fage 0% fat yoghurt!
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt
    Nuts
    Seeds
    Beef jerky
    Ostrim meat sticks
    Hard boiled eggs
    Protein bars
    Protein shakes
    Cheese
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    When I am low on protein I'll have a smoothie with a scoop of protein powder, a boiled egg, or greek yogurt for a snack.
  • Spyer116
    Spyer116 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Eggs for snacks?
    Peanut butter on bread? (depending on type of bread and amount of peanut butter, you could get about 100 calories for a slice + peanut butter. And using like a wholegrain / seeded bread, you might be able to get even up to 15 grams of protein from that snack or more.

Various nuts?

Just a plain protein powder shake, for a standard 23grams or so of protein for just over 100 calories? Mix it with a protein milk instead of water, and you can get like 30-35 grams. Or just use more protein powder and keep it with water, for 40-50 grams for just 200 calories.

If you can find a decent protein bar for under 200 calories? I hear quest bars are good. BUt never tried one personally. And what few protein bars i've seen, are like up to 300 calories or more even.

I like to have protein powder with my porridge. Can make it snack sized - calorie wise, just by cutting down on the oats and protein powder, to make it 100-250 calories depending on how many calories you're happy to have for a snack.

Mix in things like nuts and/or seeds with some yogurt (fat free yogurt for lower calories while keeping protein about the same or whatever).
    Can also mix those same things into porridge too.

Look up how to make some little protein snacks. Like protein pancakes, protein bites or cookies or whatever too. If you have protein powder its pretty versatile.
    You can make types of protein bites/pieces/cookies just by mixing together some oats, banana, and protein powder or nuts or something and baking them for 10-15 mins.
    There's another one i've seen online where its just a banana cut into pieces, covered in melted peanut butter and then frozen. Wouldn't be much protein, but I mean for tasty little snacks that aren't your usual, it can be nice I guess
  • salaita1968
    salaita1968 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    premier protein have 30 grams protein only 160 calories you can buy it from
  • mcvictoria72
    mcvictoria72 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    They sell Perky Jerky at Home Depot. No carbs! Yep, grocery shopping at the hardware store.
  • jaevans66
    jaevans66 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Have a look on this website some great recipes and a macro break down. http://nuutrii.com
  • nicholematuro
    nicholematuro Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    quest bars are a delicious way to add some protein to your snacks usually about 20g of protein per each bar and under 200 calories with various amounts of fiber my favorite flavor the "chocolate brownie" contains 20g protein 19g fiber and is only 170 calories. when im feeling like chocolate and want to be good i eat these because they taste amazing!
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    If you don't want the carlories/carbs of bread you can have peanut butter or other nut butters on apple slices or celery sticks. Cheese goes well with apple slices as well. A little humus with apple slices or raw veggies will give you some protein, although not as much as you would think.
  • susiemeri
    susiemeri Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Roasted chickpeas are awesome, just google any recipe. Really good with curry.