Sports bras?

Options
Hey!

I'm pretty new here, just taken up running in an attempt to lose a bit of weight and because I'm insanely unfit. So, as you do, have started stocking up with some proper running gear.

Problem is, I'm not exactly blessed in the chest department (I'm an A :( ), and every bra I've tried makes me look like there's nothing there at all :/ I'm not trying to look sexy whilst I'm training, but it just makes me even more conscious of how I look (red faced, sweaty and like I'm about to die is bad enough!).

Does anyone else have the same problem and any suggestions about where I might find something better?

Thanks xx

Replies

• CardiacNP
    CardiacNP Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    opps sorry i am no help. LOL i looked here because I read the topic as Sports Bars. Sorry just had to stop and laugh at myself
  • kristanickerson
    kristanickerson Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know too. I saw an add on TV for the Ah bra...they looked comfy...
  • Shutterpillar
    Shutterpillar Posts: 208
    Options
    I have seen a few out there that have a bit of padding to them.

I am a large B and have just been using the regular Hanes sports bras. I am new to this and dont have a lot of money to invest in the "good" stuff. So while mine definitely flatten me out, it serves its purpose.

Good luck!
  • gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    same problem here :) check out the moving comfort alexis bra at REI. its not super padded, but it doesn't overly squish :)
  • ladybugz_247
    ladybugz_247 Posts: 120
    Options
    Hello I have the same problem only I am overly blessed in that area, so much that I hate them! ugh I did try this place called http://www.wizardofbras.com/ and found the perfect sports bra. From my understanding they will actually make you a custom bra if you request it.. its worth looking into, good luck.
    Wendy
  • tinareet
    tinareet Posts: 126
    Options
    I'm a B/C cup and yep it makes me look flat chested too and my HRM chest strap connector sticks out the same as my boobs, so i look like ive got three boobs, and i get red faced and sweaty and that too, but i just think ohhhh well, at least I'm doing exercise, and just get on with it. I think of it like a uniform, and i stick to secluded areas like river and park at 6am in the morning(people and cars annoy the hell out of me and i like the early morning breeze) just dont think too much about it, and get on with the exercise in hand :D
    Xxx
  • nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    i have the same problem. i'm a B cup, and i still look like a guy when i work out. all i can suggest is looking to find one with padding… or possibly stuff it with something? do you have an old bikini or bathing suit top that you don't use anymore? if so, cut out the cups from one and sew them into the inside of the sports bra :)
  • Runnermadre
    Runnermadre Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    In my experience, my good bras are the ones that make me look very flat chested, and I'm pretty busty otherwise. I hate not having any shape, but it feels better than sacrificing support. :-)
  • ceschwartz
    ceschwartz Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Since the point of a sports bra is to keep them in and from bouncing most will flatten you chest. I think victoria secret sells some that have padding and push-up, but I don't know how practical that is.
  • zilchie
    zilchie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have entirely the opposite problem, I'm huge, but I do work at a store that sells lots of sports bras so I know of a few that might work for you. Here is a link to all of the size A sports bras that we carry. The two that I thought of for you are called the One Bra and the Wow Bra. They both have a shaped liner--it doesn't really add to your size, it just provides some structure and support and helps you not be super squished down.
    Good luck!
    http://www.titlenine.com/category/sports-bras-at-title-nine/shop-sports-bras-by-cup-size/a-cup-bras.do?sortby=ourPicks&page=all
  • princess4mimi
    princess4mimi Posts: 192
    Options
    BUMP!!!! Overly blessed to now and can feel the discomfort during Zumba and when running on the treadmill.....
  • zilchie
    zilchie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Oh, and the Title 9 Wow bra is the Moving Comfort Alexis bra that Gingerfoxxx mentioned. We just call it a different name!
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    from a mans point of view, why would you want a padded bra to train in?

surely you need to be comfy

:glasses:

Stu
  • kim824
    kim824 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Check this out.

I have the opposite problem and buy Champion bras. I get the adds so I saw this http://www.championusa.com/Champion/Products/Women-Champion/Women_ShopByCategory-Champion/Women_SportsBras-Champion/Women_SportsBras_ShapeBras-Champion/CH1050.aspx
    The are 'on sale' and say they are for smaller chested women or something like that. Note-They are often "on sale'.
    I love my Champion sports bras!
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I have a victoria's secret one - the product line is called "VSX" and it worked pretty well until I lost some weight up top.The vicky's ones are more like regular bras with extra wide straps and bands for comfort. They also break them down by the type of support you may need. Unfortunately they seem to come and go in normal VS stores. Apparently there are entire VSX stores you can go to in some parts of the country.

I also found a really nice UnderArmour one at TJMaxx. It's kind of moulded so even though it holds you in, it does have a little bit of curve so you're not totally flat.
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    For all the larger breasted girls....I got this one and love it. It has adjustable straps and band. The straps are wide enough that they don't dig in to your shoulders.
    http://www.amazon.com/Moving-Comfort-Womens-Fiona-Mist/dp/B0036BS6FQ/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&qid=1306339108&sr=8-21
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hello I have the same problem only I am overly blessed in that area, so much that I hate them! ugh I did try this place called http://www.wizardofbras.com/ and found the perfect sports bra. From my understanding they will actually make you a custom bra if you request it.. its worth looking into, good luck.
    Wendy

I too have been overly blessed with double D's and finding a sports bra to hold the girls still while running or jumping is impossible. The purpose of one is to smoosh them down and wearing two is often my remedy. Thanks for the web suggestion.
  • Atleast40
    Atleast40 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    :smile: ...
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    My daughter is an A cup too. She had a hard time finding good sports bra. She finally found some good ones with Nike brand one. I am on the other end, a C to D cup and I like the Under Armor. I would say from experience in the many sports bras I have purchased, you get what you pay for. The more expensive higher end ones work best. Most of my cheap ones I were to bed now, there is no way I would wear them out running.

Also you want to look for the word compression in the description. This means it will be tight on your breast but it will hold them in place.
  • lelasutt
    lelasutt Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    www.athleta.com has good ones. i haven't been dissapointed in any of my purchases yet. i've found you get what you pay for, so i'm willing to dish out a little extra $$ for the right support.