SOMEONE HELP ME !!

Options
laurawillsxox
laurawillsxox Posts: 1 Member
edited June 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi guys! I've been working really hard to loose 23lbs it took me about 3 months and I'm really happy with my body.I'm going away for 3 weeks to Spain and I don't want to undo all my hard work, do any of you have any suggestions of what I should try and order/eat whilst I'm away?
Thank you! Xx

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is to enjoy yourself, eat at maintenance mostly, but let yourself splurge a bit.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Spain has some delicious and good food....

You or on holiday and probably more active then normal. So dont be to worried about it. When planning a heavy food day...walk in the morning or jog and run and swim.

The paella is really great specially when you can get some more "home cooked" ones... we always went to some restaurants/taverns off the road and out of the tourist area's and their paella's and food were way better than in the touristic places. More tasteful
    But rice has is calorie dense. I didn't gain anything at all when we went to Spain. But the traveling, swimming walking kept it off and even lose some. And i ate what i wanted.
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options
    As previous poster said, enjoy yourself and don't weigh until you've been home a week. You're unlikely to gain a huge amount unless you really go crazy but you may get bloated. If you're at the beach/have a pool burn those extra calories having fun!
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    My suggestion is to enjoy yourself, eat at maintenance mostly, but let yourself splurge a bit.

+100000000000000000000000

Lots of good seafood and vegetables. Have fun. Order the wine. You're not going to Spain to just loll around, right? You're going to be walking, dancing, and getting all sorts of activity in. Have a great time!
  • jcaldrete
    jcaldrete Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great Job laurawillsxox!!
    My personal trainer recommends taking a set of bands with you on vacation. Make sure they are high quality though. Something like:
    http://www.amazon.com/BalanceFrom-Premium-Resistance-Improved-Carrying/dp/B00GF0KODM/ref=lp_3407931_1_14?s=exercise-and-fitness&ie=UTF8&qid=1434302055&sr=1-14
    Then you can keep up your good habits, even if you splurge a little on your diet plan.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I've been working really hard to loose 23lbs it took me about 3 months and I'm really happy with my body.I'm going away for 3 weeks to Spain and I don't want to undo all my hard work, do any of you have any suggestions of what I should try and order/eat whilst I'm away?
    Thank you! Xx

Self catering or hotel
    - make salads ...keep your general intake low or under control so you can eat out
    - Order steak or chicken or simple protein with salads
    - Splash out sometimes but not every single meal
    - Have ice creams if you want but within reason

Take a fitbit or similar and go for long walks with your music playing

Sightsee

Swim

Move

Drink lots of no cal water soda etc

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    PS I went to Spain last year 2 months into starting and managed to lose 4lbs whilst there without weighing ...but I did keep logging every day
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I always eat what I want on holiday - after all its only 3 weeks a year, the 49 in between are more important.

Plus we always walk loooooooads on holiday to it evens out and I rarely gain more than a pound or 2.

Enjoy yourself, you're on holiday!
  • gothicfires
    gothicfires Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Remember that if you gain a little you can loose it again. Don't stress during a once in a lifetime moment.
  • kalyn_QT
    kalyn_QT Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    eat whatever maintenance is for you. drink plenty of water and stay hydrated. also you'll have plenty of activities like walking or dancing depending on what you enjoy. beware though in Spain dinner time is normally served really late like 9-10PM. lunch and siesta time is from about 2-4PM. So find some good healthy snacks to hold you over until dinner or you might be a tad ravenous. Some lunch options can be pretty large depending on what all is offered so it's really up to you.Enjoy your trip though!