Anyone have any protein ice creme recipes?

Options
jeffords
jeffords Posts: 32 Member
please post if so.. I'll start with mine

2 scoops mts chocolate or cookies n creme whey
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
2 table spoons Splenda

Mix and freeze... Anyone have any others?

Replies

• RachelWatson93
    RachelWatson93 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I need to try this
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    I've got to ask, how does it turn out? Because it sounds pretty great. And do you not add any fluids too it? Just the greek yogurt?
  • jeffords
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    I've got to ask, how does it turn out? Because it sounds pretty great. And do you not add any fluids too it? Just the greek yogurt?

Forgot to mention the cashew milk!!! Lol add just a Little!!! Or will be to watery
  • jeffords
    Options
    I need to try this

It's good! Don't forget to add just a little cashew or skim milk..
  • Kriptikk
    Kriptikk Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Frozen Banana
    Cocoa Powder
    Protein powder of choice
    (Sweetener to taste)

Blend together and you'll have one of the nicest protein ice creams you'll ever eat.
    It's also rich in potassium as a bonus!
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    What about almond milk instead of cashew? Sorry if that answers itself
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I tried to freeze my greek yogurt last week and it came out like poo. Are you guys using an ice cream maker, or stirring occasionally?
  • jeffords
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I tried to freeze my greek yogurt last week and it came out like poo. Are you guys using an ice cream maker, or stirring occasionally?

I stirred occasionally
  • Stephcrane14
    Stephcrane14 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    http://www.nutritionistinthekitch.com/2013/06/13/healthy-chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-protein-blizzard-for-real-gluten-free-can-be-vegan-too/

This is definitely on my list of things to make in the near future. The ingredients are all clean and you can add whatever kind of protein powder you'd like or have on hand.

Let me know if you make this, because it sounds DELISH!
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    I'm always confused by the idea of making protein powder "food" (especially those pancakes people always talk about smh) when you can just drink protein shakes and eat real food

but yolo

is this actually good?
  • Samenamenewlook
    Samenamenewlook Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    jeffords wrote: »
    please post if so.. I'll start with mine

2 scoops mts chocolate or cookies n creme whey
    1/4 cup Greek yogurt
    2 table spoons Splenda

Mix and freeze... Anyone have any others?

definitely trying this!
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    draznyth wrote: »
    I'm always confused by the idea of making protein powder "food" (especially those pancakes people always talk about smh) when you can just drink protein shakes and eat real food

For me since im limited on calories i would rather make "food" with protein powder than drink it and have "real food".
  • jeffords
    Options

but yolo

is this actually good?

It just changes it up from having boring protein shakes all the time lol. But I liked the protein ice cream.. Had a sweet tooth that night
  • FitForL1fe
    Options

but yolo

is this actually good?

It just changes it up from having boring protein shakes all the time lol. But I liked the protein ice cream.. Had a sweet tooth that night

haha man that makes sense I guess, I just slog that *kitten* down

can't taste any worse than the heaven hill, gemclear, etc. most of us drank in college

although I picked up some of the Dymatize cinnamon bun flavored casein and HOLY *kitten* it is straight gangsta
  • jeffords
    Options

[/quote]

can't taste any worse than the heaven hill, gemclear, etc. most of us drank in college

although I picked up some of the Dymatize cinnamon bun flavored casein and HOLY *kitten* it is straight gangsta[/quote]

Lmao I feel you. Dymatize has awesome flavor. Check out Marc Lobliners line as MTS.. He has #1 taste all around. He doesn't have a casein but he has whey. I usually go with ON on the casein. And mix 1 scoop banana cream ON Gold Standard Casein with 1 scoop machine mts whey vanilla before bed. .. But cookies and creme mts whey is the best flavor of protein I've ever had!!! Makes that ice creme taste like rocky road also lol
  • FitForL1fe
    edited June 2015
    Options

but yolo

is this actually good?

although I picked up some of the Dymatize cinnamon bun flavored casein and HOLY *kitten* it is straight gangsta

Lmao I feel you. Dymatize has awesome flavor. Check out Marc Lobliners line as MTS.. He has #1 taste all around. He doesn't have a casein but he has whey. I usually go with ON on the casein. And mix 1 scoop banana cream ON Gold Standard Casein with 1 scoop machine mts whey vanilla before bed. .. But cookies and creme mts whey is the best flavor of protein I've ever had!!! Makes that ice creme taste like rocky road also lol

def man I will check that out

the reason I went with the Dymatize over the ON for my casein tbh was simply price. ON keeps jacking their prices up year after year after year (I used ON whey for almost a decade...back when you could literally get a 10lb bag of GS for $60 from supplementwarehouse.com)

that's also why I switched to the MetRX for my whey

but I'll check out the MTS cuz the MetRX taste kinda blows lol