Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Do you feel like fashion takes a back seat?

Brandicaloriecountess
Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
Since I have been going to the gym regularly I don't do my hair or make up often. I used to do it everyday. But especially when I was in semester I just don't have time. After I leave the gym I go home shower and basically have to leave for work. Do you girls make time, or let it slide?

Replies

• WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    I kinda go through cycles where I fix my hair and make-up for a few days.... then I think "ugh, too much effort". Then I will go no make-up (but always sunscreen) and wet ponytail for a few days... and then I think "ugh, I can do better"... and then sometimes I will dry my hair, but not curl it, and just put on lip gloss and mascara... and then I think "ugh, not enough"...

I'm hopeless! :sad:
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    let it slide... the better you are health wise, the better you look anyway, so it all evens out i reckon.

as you get slimmer, you look better in your track pants and gym gear!
  • MeganMac17
    MeganMac17 Posts: 90 Member
    Funny you mention this...I find I'm letting it slide more and more now that I'm working out! No drying hair anymore- it's just easier to put it up in the morning. Plus, I find that I don't really wear a whole lot of jewelry anymore either. I'm too scared to leave it in a locker at the gym after work when I workout!

Glad I'm not the only one LOL!

Good luck to you :)
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Definitely make time! If I feel like I look nice face and hair-wise, that motivates me to do something to make my body look nicer as well.
  • Jerzeeblondie
    Jerzeeblondie Posts: 236
    I feel the same way! I let it slide more often then I'd like too, but I guess in the process.. working out makes me feel better so I dont care so much how I look without the makeup... but I have to admit.. I hate not having the time to do my hair!
  • kseier
    kseier Posts: 91 Member
    for now i'm letting it slide. i put on makeup to go to work in the AM but i come home and workout from about 3-7 at night with a dinner break. i don't have time to look good when i spend 4 hours a day with my favorite accessory on: sweat. i save the prissy prettiness for going out with a tight skirt on my hott *kitten* from all the lunges i do. ;)
  • ranilee
    ranilee Posts: 1
    Oh thank goodness I'm not the only one! :smile:
    Mascara and lipgloss is about it during the week for me these days.
    I agree with zeeeb, when you are fit and healthy not just your body looks better, but skin hair and eyes look brighter to!

Good luck everyone x
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    I totally let it slide but it is nice when i "dress up". I can slap on mascara and jeans and get a you look hot from my hubby:)
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Unless I have an appointment I don't do my makeup. I'm unemployed so I often go to the gym and run errands. However, if I was going to work I'd be doing full face.
  • LixxiKitti
    LixxiKitti Posts: 116
    i totally let it slide, and i catch the bus/train home in the evenings in my gym gear and no makeup,something i'd never normally do.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Glad others do the same. The thing that really bugs me is my hair. Because I have naturally curly hair when I can't take the time to dry/straighten it I feel like I look lazy!
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    I like to think that going au natural when it comes to make-up free IS Fashionable!
    it seems like the more active I am the more I tend to use LESS cosmetics / chemicals on my body / hair / in my foods...
    it's just the healthy choice.
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    I found the more I lost the more time I would take in my appearance. It makes me feel good to look good. It was almost like I felt that nothing I did would matter when I was at my top weight, but now It really does make a difference.
  • cecrossley
    cecrossley Posts: 46
    When I don't feel confident about my appearance in general, I am much more likely to do my hair and makeup. I always get in the mindset that it like takes the attention away from the pounds and pounds of back fat or something.... I am a hair stylist and makeup artist, but my personal taste has always been pretty simple. I make a point of getting ready if I'm going to work since I represent myself, but on a regular basis (and especially in the summer since I have horrible allergies and makeup makes my eyes itch worse) I have zero problem going around with no makeup or my hair undone.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Not me - I put on makeup to walk the dog...heck, I put on makeup to go to the gym. I've never worn a lot of makeup but I don't go anywhere without it....running, camping, etc. And I've always been a total shopaholic and clothes horse...and now that I'm at my goal weight I enjoy dressing up even more.
  • auri77
    auri77 Posts: 39
    :cry: why is it that i cant find any nice plus size clothes... they all have some ugly print on them... any suggestions on any stores ?? i wanna looks sexy and young .. im only 33 geez.. they have clothes that make me look 50!
  • Adelphia
    Adelphia Posts: 176
    I physically cannot force myself out of the house without at least eyeliner on. Make it heavy eyeliner. And foundation. With a bit of lipgloss. And freshly flatironed hair.

I don't have a problem... :embarassed:
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    I kinda go through cycles where I fix my hair and make-up for a few days.... then I think "ugh, too much effort". Then I will go no make-up (but always sunscreen) and wet ponytail for a few days... and then I think "ugh, I can do better"... and then sometimes I will dry my hair, but not curl it, and just put on lip gloss and mascara... and then I think "ugh, not enough"...

I'm hopeless! :sad:

This! I do this....It's very rare for me to leave the house without my hair straightened and smooth...but I rarely wear makeup anymore except for the obvious-going out with friends, dinner, etc.

But this Monday I did my makeup and hair, got tons of compliments and then the next day...back to NOTHING. Today I made up for it by wearing some colorful earrings lol. I just don't care to spend time on it in the morning...I'd rather sleep an extra 15-20 minutes! :tongue:
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    I usually make time but I always, ALWAYS have to have mascara on and I have a thing about my hair, it needs to be in some style. I definitely pull it in a pony tail, but then the pony has to look good, haha! It's really fun for me rather than being a nuisance
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    I don't ever put it on unless it's the weekend now. I walk around all day in yoga pants a a t-shirt because I workout at home in the morning and when my husband gets home from work, I go to the gym. I just throw my hair up and go....I'm sure once I get closer to my goal weight, I'll actually enjoy getting dressed and prissied up because I should have more confidence. But for now, I'm grundging it!