Breakfast ideas

Options
stef156
stef156 Posts: 16 Member
Due to food allergies I have to steer clear of soy, eggs, dairy, wheat, and bananas which severly limits my breakfast choices. I've been doing protein shakes in the am but I'm getting bored of those. Anyone have any suggestions for breaksfasts I can try?

Replies

• ariamythe
    ariamythe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's a harsh list of restrictions. I would say, don't think of anything as specifically "breakfast food" and just look for any recipe you might enjoy in the morning that avoids those foods.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Dinner leftovers. Chicken and sweet potatoes. Oatmeal with some nut butter and/or protein powder mixed in. Stir fry.
  • rachael00679
    rachael00679 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Pho :) it's delicious and fixes everything but a bad hair day :)
    I eat leftovers a lot for breakkie a lot or just regular foods that aren't stereotypically breakfasty.
  • ariamythe
    ariamythe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You know, I've never had Pho. Just never had the opportunity to try it.
  • stef156
    Options
    Pho :) it's delicious and fixes everything but a bad hair day :)
    I eat leftovers a lot for breakkie a lot or just regular foods that aren't stereotypically breakfasty.
    I've never heard of Pho, but I just looked it up and it looks like a totally safe food for me! I'm so going to have to try this sometime. Thank you.
  • stef156
    Options
    ariamythe wrote: »
    Wow, that's a harsh list of restrictions. I would say, don't think of anything as specifically "breakfast food" and just look for any recipe you might enjoy in the morning that avoids those foods.
    This isn't even the whole list :( The list has pretty much cut out every one of my go-to food and I'm having to relearn how to eat, but I'm getting bored with chicken/beef and salad (with no dressings).

• stef156
    Options
    JenMc14 wrote: »
    Dinner leftovers. Chicken and sweet potatoes. Oatmeal with some nut butter and/or protein powder mixed in. Stir fry.
    I don't know why I didn't think of oatmeal. Great idea with the protein or nut butter to up the protein content. Thanks!