hi. new here.

Options
Just getting started on my fitness journey. I've been sedentary for way too long, so I have a long road ahead. Hoping to make some friends along the way. I'm sure to need some encouragement as I go along. And I can certainly encourage others on their paths to fitness, too.

Replies

• leleti01
    leleti01 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just started too! this is the first step!
  • scarvin
    scarvin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow will be one week for me! I've had the app for a while, but wasn't consistent with using it. I'm determined to stick with it and get healthier! I could also use some encouragement along the way as well:)
  • Viredic
    Viredic Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this for about a month...I got a fitbit charge at the same time. I find both very useful for focusing me on my walking and my diet. Add me if you wish...
  • Spastic_Kitten
    Spastic_Kitten Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    leleti01 wrote: »
    I just started too! this is the first step!

Good luck!
  • Spastic_Kitten
    Options
    scarvin wrote: »
    Tomorrow will be one week for me! I've had the app for a while, but wasn't consistent with using it. I'm determined to stick with it and get healthier! I could also use some encouragement along the way as well:)

You got it!
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Hello :)

welcome

Pretty new...about 234 days hehehe

i log every day my food, cook from scratch make photo's of my meals and describe the preparations for them

and i lost 94 pounds till now :)

Feel free to add me and explore around in my diary
  • Spastic_Kitten
    Options
    Viredic wrote: »
    I've been doing this for about a month...I got a fitbit charge at the same time. I find both very useful for focusing me on my walking and my diet. Add me if you wish...

My fitbit arrives this week! Hoping that between that and MFP I can stay motivated and actually make it work this time.
  • Viredic
    Options
    I find the fitbit really helps...I motivates me during the work week at my job. I could remote in to check systems but now I make it a point to get up and walk out there...I glance at the charge and think..man I gotta get some steps in...
  • Dustinsteven22
    Dustinsteven22 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm excited for you. You got this! Stick to the 3 keys of fitness : Nutrition, Exercise, and Support. Feel free to add me.
  • Spastic_Kitten
    Options
    Viredic wrote: »
    I find the fitbit really helps...I motivates me during the work week at my job. I could remote in to check systems but now I make it a point to get up and walk out there...I glance at the charge and think..man I gotta get some steps in...

I'm hoping to do the same thing.
  • Spastic_Kitten
    Options
    Congrats! I'm excited for you. You got this! Stick to the 3 keys of fitness : Nutrition, Exercise, and Support. Feel free to add me.

Thanks!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    My fitbit arrives this week! Hoping that between that and MFP I can stay motivated and actually make it work this time.

You can learn more (and find friends) in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

Fitbit Challenges are great motivation—and fun!
  • Viredic
    Options
    I got mine about a month ago...I find it surprisingly motivating...

//www.fitbit.com/user/3G4HJT

I'm interested in some challenges...
  • Lynneb2238
    Lynneb2238 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi I m new here too was in last year put all the weight back on and more lost 4 pounds in the last 2 weeks but finding it hard at the weekends to stay within my calorie count x
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    wow...op....you really don't look your age....really want to see before and after pictures with you......remember to take them and post in a few months. k??? :)