Chicken Breasts OK?

Options
kg00105
kg00105 Posts: 32 Member
Hi guys,

Went to the gym this morning (mixture of weights and cardio) and I'm 163lbs, 6 foot 2 and just trying to be healthier in general whilst lowering body fat (I'm currently 16%BF) and gaining some muscle.

Today, I ate:

Breakfast: 0% Fat Greek Yoghurt with Strawberries and Raspberries

Lunch: Courgetti Spaghetti with Tomato and Basil sauce and a Spinach Salad with dressing.

Dinner: Cauliflower Rice Stir fry with fresh veggies and a grilled chicken breast.

Firstly, is this good for daily nutrition? Do you have any tips to improve it? Does it sound like I'm eating enough?

Usually, I have 2 chicken breasts (Even if I'm not excercising that particular day) with maybe some vegetables and celeriac chips. Is this OK to do or should I cut it down to one chicken breast? I follow a low carb lifestyle.

Thank you!

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Do whatever makes you happy and fits in with your calorie and macro targets.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Whether it's enough food or not is impossible to determine without knowing the portion sizes.

To me, it sounds low fat. And low protein. How many grams of protein and fat did you consume?
  • MichelleDonnelly1
    MichelleDonnelly1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thats seems very low carb and very low calories to me but you know what, you have to do what works for you. If you are optimal in training and feeling great (eg. no energy lulls and not starving hungry) then keep doing what works for you !!
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    This ^^
  • kg00105
    Options
    Thanks guys. I had 1550 calories in total - 72g Fat, 104 Carbs and 67 Protein. I usually have a bit more protein though.
  • sarabrunning
    sarabrunning Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'd trade in the yogurt for something with a nice balance of protein, carbs and monounsaturated fat, like egg whites, salsa, sprouted toast, and a sliver of avocado with an orange or fresh berries if you want some fruit sugar. Yogurt is usually high in sugar especially when you go with a 0 fat version. Plain Greek yogurt will be higher protein lower sugar. Add some protein to your lunch, like turkey meatballs. 2 chicken breasts is fine but instead of having them both at one sitting, perhaps incorporate one into your lunch salad, the other with dinner. Add some healthy snacks like a hard boiled egg, veggies and hummus, almonds, lentil soup, turkey jerky, etc so you are eating smaller amounts more often. All in all, good just a few tweaks will help boost your metabolism and get you better results.
  • kg00105
    Options
    I'd trade in the yogurt for something with a nice balance of protein, carbs and monounsaturated fat, like egg whites, salsa, sprouted toast, and a sliver of avocado with an orange or fresh berries if you want some fruit sugar. Yogurt is usually high in sugar especially when you go with a 0 fat version. Plain Greek yogurt will be higher protein lower sugar. Add some protein to your lunch, like turkey meatballs. 2 chicken breasts is fine but instead of having them both at one sitting, perhaps incorporate one into your lunch salad, the other with dinner. Add some healthy snacks like a hard boiled egg, veggies and hummus, almonds, lentil soup, turkey jerky, etc so you are eating smaller amounts more often. All in all, good just a few tweaks will help boost your metabolism and get you better results.

So helpful - thank you so much!
  • Gel_W91
    Gel_W91 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I would personally up the protein a bit. If your happy with what you eat then that's great, I'm surprised it come in at so many calories though, are you logging it all correctly?
    Yogurt is bland, have you thought about having a smoothie in the mornings instead? Maybe you could add ice and a scoop of protein powder? Or even add your yogurt and extra fruits.
    Don't forget you can cook chicken breasts in advance and depending on the cut/cooking method it's basically 100cals for 100g. So you can cook it and stick it in the fridge for a few days if it's a case of having time.
    Spinach salad sounds boring alone and not a daily choice so maybe ham or eggs to go with it, cheese or cashews to switch it up a bit.

Do you have snacks? Are you getting all your food groups in?

From what your eating AND the fact your working out on top at an already ok weight I would worry your not eating enough. If it's a case of losing weight it would be fine but if your just trying to be healthier maybe a few days knowledge of what you eat would help better to give some tips, but your day does sound tasty and satisfying.