Saw ex boyfriend at an event and ate my feelings

Options
I worked a wine walk event tonight for charity and I ran into an ex who was there on a date (maybe a second or third date). We were off and on for about three years. I've been dating someone (off on) for 9ish months and the last time I saw this ex was last week when he treated me out for the night for my bday. Saw him tonight on a date and he acted as thoug he had never met me a day in his life. I acknowledged him trying to let him know that i was not blind to his behavior. I went off to drink all of my calories and eat all of my calories (burger.. Fries.. Wine and pie) and now I feel super full and super sad... I need to be on track tomorrow. Any words of encouragement will be much appreciated. Thank you!

Replies

• joyfii
    joyfii Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I worked a wine walk event tonight for charity and I ran into an ex who was there on a date (maybe a second or third date). We were off and on for about three years. I've been dating someone (off on) for 9ish months and the last time I saw this ex was last week when he treated me out for the night for my bday. Saw him tonight on a date and he acted as thoug he had never met me a day in his life. I acknowledged him trying to let him know that i was not blind to his behavior. I went off to drink all of my calories and eat all of my calories (burger.. Fries.. Wine and pie) and now I feel super full and super sad... I need to be on track tomorrow. Any words of encouragement will be much appreciated. Thank you!

• joyfii
    joyfii Posts: 11 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    One off day.You'll be fine. Hubby made cake and cheesecake yesterday. I was home most of the day. Talk about an off day, calorie wise! Back to moderation the next day and all is well :--)
  • Arieskathy
    Arieskathy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Don't let one bad evening define you just get back on track tomorrow and as to his behaviour it's just childish and immature move forward x
  • rachael00679
    rachael00679 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I would say it's time to move on. If you were off and on it can't of been so serious. He has clearly moved on with another person and if he doesn't care for your feelings enough to acknowledge your existence at a public gathering I surely wouldn't be continuing to waste time on them.
    Learn to cut those kinds of people from your life and never look back. You deserve more than that.
  • c50blvdbabe
    c50blvdbabe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Cut the weight of this ex. Ask yourself, what is it you want from him. Is it to begin another relationship? Why did you accept his invite for your birthday? It seems to me, especially with him not acknowledging you, he's keeping you around for his entertainment, your feelings be damned. You deserve more than that. Chuck him the deuces and keep it moving.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Recently saw my ex at the gym. We belong to the same local chain, but he mostly works out at another location--I only see him a couple of time a year. Got in the pool where he was swimming and did my laps anyhow.

Focus on YOUR goals.
  • threnners
    threnners Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    In which he perfectly illustrated to you why he is an EX and you don't need that (bleep) in your life. Last time I saw my ex he caught all the weight I lost and I did a happy dance. Don't let a *kitten* get you down.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Some men are dicks.

Move on. :)
  • gothicfires
    gothicfires Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    The next time something like this happens remember that hurting yourself because he hurt you isn't the best revenge. You need to work on your self love and sense of worth, those two things should never be based on someone else's opinion or actions.
  • artsbysimon
    artsbysimon Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You said it yourself it was your ex, that means its your past not your present or your future. So my 2 cents would be " Do not linger in the past but be in the present and strive towards the future"
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    You ate your feelings. If you ask me, it was totally justified. It's done. Now just don't go on to eat your feelings about eating your feelings. :smile:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    That's life. See ex on date, drink wine and eat pie. You're not the first my dear. Today is a new day anyway.
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Use this as a motivation. I know getting back at someone isn't the best idea but whatever pushes you in the right direction can help. You were doing something for charity and you should be very proud of that first off.

Secondly, let him act the way he wants because once you're in shape and you bump into him again you can act like you don't know him either ;) It's not about hurting him back, but sometimes people need to realize that their behaviors towards others can be hurtful. You know him and you know he knows you so that's all that matters. He's obviously no one to write home about so perhaps that can be your motivation. He's somebody that you used to know.

I've been an emotional eater for years and what helped me get over it was to feel the feels and either do something positive to make me feel better, write in my journal, or cry, be angry, rant to a friend, etc. My relationship with food had to change though. Food is yummy, can be used a fuel, but it can also hinder you if you don't treat food the way it should be treated. Be kind to yourself and don't beat yourself over it. He's an ex for a reason.

Eat because you enjoy it or are hungry or need to fuel; don't use it as an emotional outlet because eventually you'll hate what food does to your body if it's negative. However, we have bad days and that's okay too. Just make sure it's not a habit and you'll be fine. I say focus on your health so the next time he sees you he can eat his heart out ;)
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you can exercise your feelings. Don't worry about one evening out of whack. I agree that you need to treat yourself well, regardless of whether or not he does.