Has anyone tried using the Isogenix system of supplements to help lose the weight?

Options
If you've tried it, have you had long term success?

Replies

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    People just calorie count here and have success with the cico system which is guaranteed to work. That costs nothing.

https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/isagenix-study-is-not-convincing/
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    help lose weight = does nothing.

Just eat at a deficit.
  • Erin_Graves
    Erin_Graves Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I tried it because I had a friend with a bunch left over that she gave me free. I really didn't like it. They preach "clean eating" but the shakes are full of chemicals. They are weird and thick and taste like fake sweetener. I stopped after a week because I hated it. I follow their basic idea still because shakes as meals are convienant on the run but make my own from plain whey, oats, almond milk, bananas, greens etc.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    They don't work and cost a lot of money.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Eat real food. Not powdered stuff. Log your food on here. Costs nothing and tastes better.
  • MelW87
    MelW87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    DONT DO IT!!!

Prior to using Isagenix I was fit, healthy and happy. I was approached to use it and I did - for several months. I lost heaps of weight and got down to a size 6 (AUS) but it kicked off a really awful relationship with food. I have since had constant binge eating episodes, lack energy and am so unhappy. I've piled on 10kg (in 6 months) since I stopped using it so I'm now heavier than I was before I even thought about Isagenix and it has left me with a fear of eating and constantly down on myself for gaining so much weight.

Please eat real food and do exercise to lose weight. I know it's a longer, harder battle but it will be worth it in the end. That's what I have to keep telling myself.
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Ugh sorry to bring this post back up but I have to vent. My coworker is starting Isagenix next week. (She ordered it but it hasn't arrived yet.) She's all blah, blah I've done Weight Watchers and tried everything else and nothing has worked. And I want to say, "Except, you know, paying attention to anything you are eating". Sure you're bringing relatively good stuff for lunch (salads, almonds, watermelon, hummus, etc.) but you're bringing/eating WAY too much of it. Over the last couple of months I've tried to subtly drop hints. I've casually pretended to read the nutrition info on the hummus as she's shoveling carrot after carrot full of it into her mouth. "Wow, 70 calories in a tablespoon? I have to measure out an ounce of it, and three ounces of carrots or I will eat way too much." Or when she brings a heaping bag of almonds. "I usually just measure out and bring an ounce, and even that's like 170 calories." Or a gigantic Tupperware of watermelon, "I was surprised how many calories watermelon has".

I'm getting married in September & while I didn't/don't have a lot to lose I've still lost 6 lbs since January just being mindful of what I have been eating and moving more. No starving, no crash diets. But what do I know? Sure I'm no expert but I want to tell her that this junk is a scam and she doesn't need it. Arg. But it should be fun to watch her realize that herself.

/rant
  • WarningHillAhead
    WarningHillAhead Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I just use the powders. I have a Greens! powder in the AM, and then a protein after a work-out. I use them for supplements to a healthy diet, and it seems to be working okay for me. They are really yummy and came highly recommended by very fit people that I trust. I drink the powders in addition to eating plenty of food and getting lots of exercise, so it wouldn't make much difference if I stopped! I don't really see them as weight-loss supplements, just nutrition supplements!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    JYAVWj7.gif
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    JYAVWj7.gif

Lmao.

OP it doesn't matter what you eat. You can eat anything as long as you're in a caloric deficit.
  • streamgirl
    streamgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I made a rule when I started this that I wouldn't do anything that I couldn't maintain for the rest of my life. That has kept away any temptation of various "miracles". I can eat real food, and not too much of it.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    AlisonH729 wrote: »
    Ugh sorry to bring this post back up but I have to vent. My coworker is starting Isagenix next week. (She ordered it but it hasn't arrived yet.) She's all blah, blah I've done Weight Watchers and tried everything else and nothing has worked. And I want to say, "Except, you know, paying attention to anything you are eating". Sure you're bringing relatively good stuff for lunch (salads, almonds, watermelon, hummus, etc.) but you're bringing/eating WAY too much of it. Over the last couple of months I've tried to subtly drop hints. I've casually pretended to read the nutrition info on the hummus as she's shoveling carrot after carrot full of it into her mouth. "Wow, 70 calories in a tablespoon? I have to measure out an ounce of it, and three ounces of carrots or I will eat way too much." Or when she brings a heaping bag of almonds. "I usually just measure out and bring an ounce, and even that's like 170 calories." Or a gigantic Tupperware of watermelon, "I was surprised how many calories watermelon has".

I'm getting married in September & while I didn't/don't have a lot to lose I've still lost 6 lbs since January just being mindful of what I have been eating and moving more. No starving, no crash diets. But what do I know? Sure I'm no expert but I want to tell her that this junk is a scam and she doesn't need it. Arg. But it should be fun to watch her realize that herself.

/rant

Here's a trick. Weigh out 2 of her pills or shake scoops or whatever it is. Then tell her how much it costs per gram. Then tell her she could buy a food scale in X number of days for the cost of the crud.
  • simbartes
    simbartes Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    140KK wrote: »
    If you've tried it, have you had long term success?

I whole bunch of people at my work are using it. They like it. They say it gives them more energy, less joint pain and inflammation, they have also lost weight. I cannot see it being long term though.. unless you just have a shake for breakfast.

I'm insulin intolerant so I have to keep my sugar intake low (24G/day). I think 11G of sugar in every shake is too high. They say on their website that the sugar is sourced from fruits and is natural and good for you. I still think its too much. My homemade breakfast smoothy is lover in calories, carbs, and sugar, and its cheaper. Cannot match the great protein grams in one of the shakes though! WOW its something like 24G. I found a different shake that is lower in sugars. Just waiting for it to come in the mail.
  • ChiroQueenKate
    ChiroQueenKate Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Seven years using Isagenix after it helped me release 60 pounds in six months. It's not a diet. It's a lifestyle. To say I'm happy is an understatement. Many people aren't coached properly and end up doing it wrong. The people who fail while using Isagenix don't fail because of the products. 42rf66oyfmx7.jpg
  • mkroberger
    mkroberger Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm actually going to start on Sunday. Got the whole kit for my 21 yr old daughter, but her friends are home from college and she's not into it. Right now for the next couple of weeks my life is going to be crazy hectic, so having a couple of meal replacements per day would help. I love to cook and find healthy recipes, and I'm a long time MyFitnessPal member and do and will always count calories. But I have been a slacker lately and have to get focused again, with an approach that is super time saving for the next couple of weeks.
  • Kelene616
    Kelene616 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Bump