Lack of motivation: need support

Options
I have always been the fat/chubby girl since 4th grade but now being 230lbs at 21yrs old I am very disgusted with my self. I gained weight from binge eating fast food and taking antidepressants. I gained 20lbs in 6 weeks after going through a bad breakup.My family lives a very unhealthy lifestyle and my friends are not supportive. I really hate what I see in the mirror and I know I need to change that. Last year I lost 40lbs from being prescribed adderall. There was major difference how I felt about myself and I was treated. I even got more attention from men. I just need some support from other people feel free to add me thanks . It will be very helpful.

Replies

• katech1980
    katech1980 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    U sound just like me. No idea how to add someone but feel free to add me and maybe we can help each other x
  • sealensfit
    sealensfit Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You need better friends hun :neutral: If you go to the gym, try making some friends with the people there! You need to surround yourself with people who have the same goals that you have, or the same lifestyle you want to live. I know the people at the gym seems scary and unfriendly, but I promise the majority are actually quite friendly and would be happy to help. :smile: Feel free to add me! I'm on here pretty much every day, so I'm always available if you need a little support! <3
  • bellcait
    bellcait Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You're here, that's the first step. Keep focused on bettering yourself and maybe your family will learn some lessons from you! Set the example for your loved ones. Feel free to add me & good luck! xo
  • nicoleexo2015
    nicoleexo2015 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    katech1980 wrote: »
    U sound just like me. No idea how to add someone but feel free to add me and maybe we can help each other x

Ok I will (:
  • nicoleexo2015
    Options
    You need better friends hun :neutral: If you go to the gym, try making some friends with the people there! You need to surround yourself with people who have the same goals that you have, or the same lifestyle you want to live. I know the people at the gym seems scary and unfriendly, but I promise the majority are actually quite friendly and would be happy to help. :smile: Feel free to add me! I'm on here pretty much every day, so I'm always available if you need a little support! <3

Ok thank you
  • nicoleexo2015
    Options
    You're here, that's the first step. Keep focused on bettering yourself and maybe your family will learn some lessons from you! Set the example for your loved ones. Feel free to add me & good luck! xo
    That's some good advice thanks
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you have motivation i.e reasons to lose, but just lak confidence and knowledge. Uts really straightforward and you cna 100% do it by eating at a consistent calorific deficit. You achieve this by eating less than your maintenance and exercise is complementray but optional.

be patient, healthy weight loss is c1-2lb a week and imo a rule of thumb to ive you an idea of how long the journey might be is 1lb a week.

Start with:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • glortard
    glortard Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Good luck and there is always plenty of support on here
  • LAgaby93
    LAgaby93 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey there I wish you the best on your journey of getting healthy. I know my journey ain't over yet but stay positive and remember it's a process. Add me if you want