Archery enthusiasts....how far off is the burn?

Options
I have been practicing archery the past few weeks (5 arrows until i lost 1 tonight at roughly 75 yds away from target). On a whim, i logged it to see what 30 mins of non hunting archery burns (female, 5 ft 7 in, 280~ lbs). Mfp shows 221 for my burn, other sites 220- 270 with my stats and such filled in. I know mfp is notorious for over calculating burns. Just curious to see what any other archery enthusiasts burn or their thoughts are on the matter...

Replies

• jenstanley13
    jenstanley13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Never thought about tracking calorie burn when shooting my bow but depends on how fast you are shooting and walking back and forth to get your arrows...may have to track next time I practice
  • camground2
    camground2 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Maybe just track the steps...
  • PopeyeCT
    PopeyeCT Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I would not log it as an exercise at all. Drawing the bow is just a tiny amount of resistance training.

Track the steps.
  • amycuz14
    amycuz14 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't track my burn when shooting either. I'm sure there is some, and I know fitness wise it's great for strength (an hour and my arms are jello. Increasing the draw poundage as you improve if you are on a compound and you'll notice it!) but 221 seems way high. If you are shooting solo you could sprint to the target and back to retrieve your arrows LOL! But seriously, I'd go for improved technique and accuracy and not log it myself...
  • kbsangel1986
    kbsangel1986 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    amycuz14 wrote: »
    221 seems way high. If you are shooting solo you could sprint to the target and back to retrieve your arrows LOL! But seriously, I'd go for improved technique and accuracy and not log it myself...

I dont normally log any exercise i do since my jawbone adjusts for it, and i dont eat back the "extra" cals i get from it. It was just a "huh, I wonder...." type of thing.

Technique and accuracy improvement are my goal :)