Teacher Mom Wanting to Use Summer to Get Healthy

Options
conchball
conchball Posts: 6 Member
edited June 2015 in Introduce Yourself
I am a teacher and need to get healthy. I had success on Weight Watchers, but quit, and of course gained it back. Need to be motivated to exercise and track. If you can help me navigate this app and motivate please friend me! Not interested in Beachbody, Advocare or any other type of service so please save your time and mine, and don't message me if that's the case! Just wanting to drop pounds the healthy, old fashioned way with portions, diet and exercise.

Replies

• cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I will do my best if you wish to add me. I am a school nurse, so also off for the summer! Yeah!
    Next week will mark 1 year on MFP & I am down 80 pounds (5# more than goal) and counting!
  • conchball
    conchball Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
    What awesome results you have had. I hate tracking calories but feel I need to. Going to try to give this a go.
  • hokie4life30
    hokie4life30 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher also so feel free to add me. I don't like counting either but this app has helped me get over that because it is so easy.
  • dmo94618
    dmo94618 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher and mom of two, too. Hate counting calories, too, but have found it the only way to keep myself accountable. My weight has been like a yo-yo for the last 7 years since having children. I need to keep focus and motivation. I am interested in helping each other.
  • andreahopkins7
    andreahopkins7 Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Also a teacher off for the summer, mother of two, and beginning a (hopefully long and successful) weight loss journey. I have had success with Pounds Away, but I fell off the wagon pretty quickly and gained it back. Now I'm trying Advocare, but looks like I'm mainly going to be counting calories on here since I'm having trouble sticking to this 10 day cleanse. Best of luck to all of you!
  • CalvinWard
    CalvinWard Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am an instructor as well in addition to being a personal trainer, who has decided to push himself and lose some more fat. I think one of the things to do is to determine what body type you are – whether and ectomorph, mesomorph, or endomorph. This will allow you to work with your body type in your battle for weight loss
  • CalvinWard
    Options
    Four instance, for me I know that I am a mesomorph. This means that I tend to keep more muscle and mass and that it is a little hard for me to lose weight since my body is designed to keep it,or programmed to keep it I should say. Therefore I know I need to wrap up the cardio in addition to control me my calories
  • CalvinWard
    Options
    I am loving this app because it is helping me to manage my calories which is only part of the battle.
  • demoiselle2014
    demoiselle2014 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Hello conchball, and welcome! I'm pretty new here myself. I've been having a lot of fun doing the C25k running plan (I do a slow jog). I've found it really helpful to have a program to follow three days per week.
  • ada_w
    ada_w Posts: 5 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi, another mommy & teacher here. I need to loose 30 pounds to be back to my pre-pregnancy weight.. Interested in information sharing and support for weight loss.
  • redkddawn
    redkddawn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a 2nd grade teacher and a mother of three. I have been trying for three years to get rid of my last baby poog... I want to loose 50 pounds, and am also interested in having fellow teachers and parents in my corner.
  • isaccamoom
    isaccamoom Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I have been using this app for a bit more than a month and it's not until I discovered the community section that I started to feel more accountable to what I eat. Not really a teacher myself, but work with teachers every day and also mom of two. Here to kick start a healthier, more peaceful (ah, my beautiful children), and more energetic journey. So far enjoying it! Would love to have you (and supporters here) as friends.
  • principalsecond
    principalsecond Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi conchball. Summer is a great time to get into a fitness routine and develop smart eating habits...lots of fresh produce this time of year!

I'm also a teacher and would be happy to befriend you here. Welcome!
  • vicvicious38
    vicvicious38 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Teacher dad