I have a question

Options
What should my protein fat and carbohydrate percentage goals be for trying to lose a significant amount of weight?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Macros really don't factor into weight loss (other than making sure you get enough protein to retain LBM). Make sure you get your calorie counting down first, then play around with the percentages to see what satiates you best.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Macros really don't factor into weight loss (other than making sure you get enough protein to retain LBM). Make sure you get your calorie counting down first, then play around with the percentages to see what satiates you best.

This. I tested out a bunch of different ratios, before finding that having my fat and carb ratios higher than my protein was best for me (while still having my protein at a good daily goal). I don't always hit my macros perfectly, but I use my daily allowance as a guide to help me hit reasonable goals for fat/protein/carbs/ect, rather than a set way to eat.
  • razzjam334
    razzjam334 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Well then how much protein should I be shooting for? I don't have trouble sticking to my calorie goal but would love to see it make more of an impact.
  • razzjam334
    Options
    I've lost 30 lbs but now I'm not seeing much change lately don't want to quit although I've lost a bit of motivation
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Have you updated your weight in MFP?

Sometimes it helps to re-run the goals setup. As you lose weight, your metabolic needs drop. So your deficit could be shrinking.

Also, do you weigh all your food? As you lose and your deficit gets tighter, underestimating how much you eat can eat into your deficit.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    @lemonlionheart created this flowchart that answers a lot of the common "help I'm not losing" questions.

5a9s21wz88uu.jpg
  • razzjam334
    Options
    Thank you a food scale would help me most likely.;)