Do you even lift bro

Options
weight lifting friends, what's your favorite lift and why?

Replies

• TrailBlazinMN
    TrailBlazinMN Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Heavy dumbbell deadlifts from the floor with a Fat Gripz handle because its tougher and has done a lot for my grip.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Proportionately speaking I'm better at the squat than the bench and the deadlift but it's probably a toss up between squats and deads.

I get way more frustrated with deadlifts but they are so fun.

So: Squats or Deads.
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts, easily. I also enjoy squats but have been having a hard time with them lately (stupid caloric deficit). Power cleans are great fun, but I’m not as confident with them yet.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts. They make me feel the strongest, they're fun, and I don't get as nervous when I'm testing near my max, like I do with squats.

I dig barbell rows and good mornings too.
  • jenglish712
    jenglish712 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts. No real rational reason other than it feels full on beast mode to just pick up as much as you can possibly pick up.

I suppose the rational part is setting PRs on squat I fear having to actually use the rack, where a DL if its too heavy it's probably not coming off the floor.
  • charlesmauch
    charlesmauch Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Power Cleans. There's just something inherently awesome about picking up a heavily loaded barbell and racking it on your shoulders. I like Deadlifts and Squats too.
  • jenncalicollins617
    jenncalicollins617 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Squats for sure! Cus my but & thighs.... ;)
  • 10inprogress
    10inprogress Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I love the challenge of Squats and Deads but the lift after my heart is the Barbell Hip Thrust. Seeing a direct correlation to adding weight to my lifts and added mass is incredible. Awkward as all hell some times but soooo worth it.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I used to say deads. But these days, bench by far. My form has really come together and it is just feeling awesome these days.
  • chilliman64
    chilliman64 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    deads with trapbar. also like rackpulls.
  • matuskap
    matuskap Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Bench > deadlift > squat > curls in a squat rack - in that order. Oh and calf raises obviously! :smiley:
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Deadlifts. They make me feel the strongest, they're fun, and I don't get as nervous when I'm testing near my max, like I do with squats.

Goodmornings will anialate my legs like nothing else! I like a good squat but I think my favourite is a thruster or clean and press.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    A super set of squats makes me feel alive.
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Deads or cleans. I can't decide, they're both so awesome.
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Snatch - The amount of effort that it took to learn and get good at it makes it very rewarding. You need mobility, strength, speed and good timing, more so than most other lifts. Most other lifts you can "get away with it" a little bit, or grind your way through, whereas the snatch (and the jerk to a lesser extent) you either nail it, or it's a miss.

I still love my squats, deads, presses and pulls of course.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Goodmornings will anialate my legs like nothing else! I like a good squat but I think my favourite is a thruster or clean and press.

Love the good mornings! I add them and hip thrusters to the program I do now.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    12 oz. curl.

Seriously, though, it used to be DL. Nowadays, I think squat. Give me a few months, it might be bench. Nah - it might be DL again, but I don't think it'll ever be bench.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts and hip thrusts because I am stronges with those. And then RDLs because I like the way I feel them in my hamstrings.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I think hands down my two favorite things to do are pull ups and arnold presses.

But- I'm boring- I just squat/DL/bench. I like pause DL's- they are horrible. But so awesome.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to like bench now that my weights are improving but I really like deadlifts.