Mere's Thread: 244 lbs and doing an 8K / 22 obstacle course in 188 days!

Options
2»

Replies

• nettam3re3
    nettam3re3 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Love it! Looks like you had a blast! So what was the thing that suprised you most about tourself doing this?

And welcome Tiara! Good luck in your upcoming race!
  • silverarcheress
    silverarcheress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I was really surprised how good my core was when I had to climb the biggest inflatable. I had to use it to stay steady otherwise I'd slide down in the rain. I was also pleasantly surprised how easy it was to lift my friends, my arms are so much stronger. The running portion of the day didn't tire me in the slightest. I would have happily done a tougher obstacle course I think :smile:

It was so much fun even with how wet it was and how many baths it took to get the blue and green out of my skin :wink: The girls I ran with were actually perfect for this as we were all quite up for it and really getting down and having a ball. I never realised how important something like that can be.

Are you going to be running with someone/in a team? Running solo is also good because the other runners are normally so friendly

• nettam3re3
    nettam3re3 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    That's great! Good to realize how much stronger you were and how prepared you were! Congratulations! Right now it just me and the hubby together but we have another couple that may go with us. They are still on the fence. Hubby's plan is to just show up and see what he's got.... my plan is to whip him! Lol
  • silverarcheress
    Options
    That sounds like a great plan! I hope the other couple join in. It is brilliant to do. Also ask people you don't know well. Great bonding experience!
  • silverarcheress
    Options
    Hey, just checking in to see how you are getting on? I'm still looking for a new obstacle race to tackle. I thought I had found the perfect one but it only gave me a month to train and I would need to be able to run an extra 5k. I didn't want to push myself that fast! I have been working hard on my arm strength so that when I find the right race I'll be able to really go for it :smile: